The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: RZ67 Digital Back Adapter

Sheldon N

Up for sale is a Mamiya RZ67 digital back adapter for adapting a AFD mount digital back to a RZ67.

This is the Mamiya HX-701 adapter plate, designed to adapt a Leaf/Mamiya back to the RZ67 Pro IID camera with full electronic interface. With the advice of some of the fine folks here on the forum, I was able to slightly modify the adapter so that it would also work on the RZ67 Pro II (non-D) body as a "dumb" adapter plate with no electronic connections. The modification involves dremeling two slight indentations into the adapter so that the adapter does not trigger the dark slide sensor on the RZ camera body.

Without the modification, the RZ67 Pro II (non-D) thinks that there's a dark slide present and won't allow the camera to fire. The modification to the adapter plate does not interfere with the electronic connections on the plate, so it will still work fine with either the RZ567 Pro IID or non-D model. This should work with any AFD mount digital back with a sensor up to 36x48mm, as long as it doesn't require a wake-up cable. I think that includes Leaf and Mamiya backs, as well as more recent Phase One backs. I used this with an Aptus 22 and my RZ67 Pro II (see my other for sale listing for a full RZ kit).

Condition is excellent, no scrapes/dings. Sale includes the adapter as well as a sync cable that you will need with the RZ system (if you're using the non-D model).

Price is $550 shipped/paypal'd in the US. Please PM with any questions.

Thanks!

- Sheldon