The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon SP with 50/1.4 Lens

kdemas

Price: $1,250 with Shipping included to ConUS. Actual cost shipping to World.

This is a really nice SP (EP marking), some of my photo friends call it the "Beauty Queen". Amazingly I am only the second owner of this camera, having bought it from an older gentleman who got it when he was in the service.

Aesthetics are great for a 50+ year old camera, only a couple of minor nicks in the finish and some marks on the base plate. No dents or major cosmetic issues. Camera works beautifully at all speeds, rangefinder is good. Colors in frame lines have faded in the VF but that's typical of nearly all SPs. This one has the cloth shutter and it's in excellent condition.

Lens is beautiful, mint- condition. Superb example of a classic lens. Glass clean and clear with aperture blades that click smartly into place. Cosmetically pretty much pristine and includes the Nikon Kogaru cap.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Apologies for the slight dust on the lens picture... it's now gone.

Sorry about the dust on this shot!! Now gone.

Last edited:

kdemas

Correction- This is NOT an EP edition camera. I would have sworn it was (I've had a few!) but I was mistaken. My apologies.

Brian S

Correction- This is NOT an EP edition camera. I would have sworn it was (I've had a few!) but I was mistaken. My apologies.
It is a much more rare version- the Distance scale is in Meters. This most likely means it was intended for Europe. I have an SP with a SN a bit under this one, also in Meters bought from a seller in France. Not as many sold in Europe, a strong Leica market.

The SN on the top plate is very high.