The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus Pen F 42mm F1.2 lens for sale

sychan

I have an Olympus Pen F for sale - it is optically in good condition - no separation, fungus or scratches, however there are cleaning marks on the front element coating. The aperture blades are clean and working perfectly, and the focus helical is smooth and well damped. The rear element looks very clean, and there are maybe 2 or 3 dust specks inside the lens.

There is wear on the finish, but as you can see from the pictures, not bad at all. The filter ring is a little tight, but accepts my Hoya HMC filter.

Overall, this is an excellent user lens. The central area is very sharp at large apertures, and the rest of the field sharpens up as you stop down. In tests, it is comparable to the modern Voigtlander Nokton 40mm F1.4 SC, but half a stop faster and a close focus of .35m vs .7m.

Asking $500 + actual shipping. I have excellent feedback on EBay as user suidnobody, and have been on rangefinderforum for many years as user "sychan".

DSC03186 by sychan168

DSC03187 by sychan168

DSC03188 by sychan168

DSC03189 by sychan168

DSC03190 by sychan168