The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 90/4 Elmar-C Mint- w/box, serie 5.5 filters, 12585 shade

39mm

Hi guys and gals,

I have a close to mint Leica 90/4 Elmar-C with it matching box and serial number available for sale. Aperture blade is clean, has some usual dust inside and slightly haze can be seen on the inside of front element surface with strong flashlight. Focus is smooth and f-stop is click positively. Serial number can be viewed on the pics. Lens comes with original box, front and rear original Leica cap and ruuber lens shade. Asking $300 net to me.

Next is a nice set of 3 Leica serie 5.5 UVa, Orange and Green filters with its cases and 2 boxes for use with either Summicron-C 40/2 lens or Elmar-C 90/4. All 3 filters is scratch-free and in mint/mint- condition.Those now hard to find but my asking price just $65 for the set or $25/each.

Third, a HeavyStar metal shade for Leica 135/4, 135/4.5, 90/2.8 and 90/4 lens with adapter ring E39-Serie 5.5 modified with UV glass and retainer ring inside. It looks like an OEM filter with just a bit thicker. Both are close to mint as it can get. Asking $35 for both.

Lastly is a Leica 12585 lens shade for use with Leica 50/2, 50/2.8, 50/3.5, 35/2 ( not show but perfectly fits without vignetting) 35/2.8 and 35/3.5 lenses in mint- condition with slightly out of round about 1/8 of the whole outer peryphery. Asking $65 for the shade.

Paypal fees is included in the price with the exception of the Elmar-C 90/4 lens plus actual shipping cost from $3 to $10.00 within the CONUS. Thanks.

Last edited:

39mm

It's a perfect travel lens if you prefer compact and light weight or don't need an f2.8. Why buy a bulky Zeiss ZM 85/4 Sonnar for +/- $700 ? This 90/4 Elmar-C is rates just behind a last Elmarit-M 90/2.8 and better than both versions of Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8.

39mm

Leica 90/4 Elmar-C price drop to $250 plus PayPal fees and USPS shipping in the CONUS.

Last edited: