The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Canon TV 50/0.95 "dream lens" *lowered price*

IsakBergwall

Hello

I have a Canon TV 50/0.95 lens for sale it has an C mount that has Been slightly modified since it has Been in an xray machine.

The glass and housing is in very good shape with no haze, fungus or scratches on the glass and almost no marks on the housing. There is a small dent on the mount (nothing that affects the function).

I can ship it worldwide (I live in Sweden)

Please email
Me for pictures and more information at
[email protected]

I found this site online (Canon Rangefinder Lens Price and Information Guide) and realized my price was a bit too high so I am lowering it to 1700$ but bids below this price is also acceptable.

With regards
Isak Bergwall

Last edited:

gerald.d

Isak - you say it's been on an X-ray machine. I don't suppose you have any idea what the size of the image circle is for that lens?

zombii

Unless it's different from other TV lenses of this model, it covers the full 35mm frame. I used to have one and it had a little vignetting but nothing unusual for a lens of this speed.

IsakBergwall

Gerald - I suppose it is an ordinary TV lens, but what has been done to it (as someone said in the rangefinderforum) is that the mounting ring has been "cut off" to fit, when I got it it was encapsulated in a big chunk of metal tubing attached to a brass plate :)

I found on one website that the C-mount had an image circle of 16 mm (I do not know which mount my is sadly)

Through my Lens: Canon 50mm f/0.95 to Sony NEX E-Mount Adapter (it is a bit down so search for image circle)

Here was some photo taken with the TV lens mounted on an Leica and in the comments they talk about the image circle and the photographer says it might not be big enough to give full sharpness on the edges wide open according to him

Canon TV Lens 50mm F0.95 - a set on Flickr

Although I do not know certainly that 16 mm is the correct answer, if there is some way of measuring it yourself I can of course do that for you!

Hope that helped a bit at least :)