The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon FD 800mm f5.6 L

Albino_BlacMan

Looking to sell my Canon FD 800mm f5.6 L

I have positive feedback on Fourthirdsphoto, FredMiranda and GetDPI as Albino_BlacMan and on ebay as ctp046.

Included is the Lens, Lens Case, Cheap Bower adapter (without the glass), Lens Hood, and a funny little Canon Hat that says FD 800mm on it (I believe it’s supposed to be used as a lens cap).

I’ll start with the bad. The case shows wear, no dings or dents but some rust and stuff on the outside. Inside of the case looks very nice except a few places where the glue is drying out. The lens hood is a slightly different shade of grey compared to the lens barrel. I’m guessing that this is due to a different type of paint or something. I don’t think it’s a big deal but I’ll describe every flaw I can find. The Canon hat is starting to show it age.

Finally the lens has some internal dust (what do you expect for a lens this age though), shows wear on the foot and has one paint chip on the barrel (pictured).

Now for the good stuff. Glass is pristine. No marks that I can see. Front and rear elements are near perfect (some dust particles behind the front element).

Aperture is snappy and works at all settings.

Focus is beautifully smooth. I’ve heard reports of people preferring this lens over the newer 800mm for video because the focus on the FD 800mm’s is so nice.

Barrel looks clean and shows little wear besides the paint chip.
I’m asking $2050 for the lens. I’ll cover the first $150 of shipping. You cover the Paypal fees if you don’t send the money as a gift (however I’m willing to negotiate price depending where you are and stuff, shipping is not going to be cheap so your location will matter). Will only ship insured via a method that has sign on delivery and only to verified paypal addressed (I also accept money orders).

I know I’m stating the obvious here but this is the only way to get a quality 800mm lens under $11 000.

If you’re interested PM me, I’m happy to answer any questions and discuss price and stuff.

Chris