The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Rolleiflex 2.8E TLR

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
For Sale Rolleiflex 2.8E with Xenotar 80mm f/2.8 taking lens and Heidosmat 80mm f/2.8 viewing lens. Rick Oleson screen, Bay III replacement lens cap included. Serial number is 1626785 (1956-1959).
I put this Rollei up for sale a while back and then got busy and didn’t follow through with my effort to sell it. I hadn’t used it at the time. Once I started using it, I didn't want to sell it, but I have too many cameras right now, so reluctantly, this one has to go.
The camera was CLA’d by Paul Ebel in Nov., 2011, according to the previous owner (I purchased it here on RFF). I have communicated with Paul Ebel and confirmed that he worked on it for the previous owner.
The glass is very nice with no haze. There is a tiny bit of dust, which would be expected at this age.
The body is a user, but has all of the covering intact. There is some paint loss. I hope my photos will allow you to assess this. Please supersize the photos and check it out.
I put a Rick Oleson screen in it, so it is brighter than the one that was in it when I bought it.
The DOF scale was disabled. I discussed this with Paul Ebel and he tells me that the original design of the DOF scale was poor, and that it would probably be better to leave it disabled. (Disabling the DOF allows aperture control to turn smoother.)
I did not use the meter. These meters are old and you probably would be using a hand-held meter for better results. So I make no claim for the meter.
The rolls that I ran through it all came out good. No problems with spacing were detected and my exposures were fine.
I will give the buyer 3 days to check it out. If you notify me within 3 days, and then return it within 7 days, in like condition, I will refund your money, minus shipping.
This is a very usable 2.8E. $925 $20 shipping
I would like to keep this in continental US and Canada at this time. Canada shipping will cost extra.