The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Mamiya 28mm Ultra Wide Angle

Don Libby

Mamiya Ultra wide angle 28mm f/4.5 Sek D Aspherical Auto Focus Lens:

I had placed this lens for sale last month only to take it down a short time later as I just wasn't certain that I wanted to part with it now I am. I've started using a Cambo RS1000 to take my landscape images with and after using and testing various aspects I am now certain that I no longer need the 28.

The condition of the lens looks like it just came out of the box - brand new. I used this lens on my Mamiya AFDII and P30+ with great results.

I'm asking $4,800 for the lens and am willing to split the 3% Paypal fee. Shipping and insurance will be up to the buyer.

What's included:

Lens
Original box
Lowepro 2S lens bag

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

don

Don Libby

I've added a couple images of the lens due to a couple requests, sorry it's taken so long.

My original post states that I'm asking $4,800 and a split of the Paypal fees (a savings of at least $72.00).

I'm lowering the asking price with this post to $4,600 and the offer of splitting the Paypal fees stands. The lens will be going to e-bay within the next couple weeks with a higher reserve so if you are thinking of getting this lens contact me soon.

I want to thank all who have contacted me with various offers of trades however there isn't anything I currently need other than a little extra cash.:LOL:

The images follow

Thanks to all

Edited: I forgot to add that I am willing to consider a reasonable offer....
don

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I'd love to have it Don, but out of my pricerange until I sell a few things! Do you have any interest in taking my 24 fisheye as partial trade? Ranger flash kit???

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Love to see you get this Jack.

Don your landscapes could use some fill flash. LOL Perfect tool the Ranger

Don Libby

the only possible trade would be a WDS-570 Digitar 90N lens (current price at Calumet is $2,400).

I'd go the lens plus $2,000 cash.

don

Dale Allyn

I'd love to have the lens in my bag, Don. Would you mind trading for my neighbor's boat? I think he'll be out of town this weekend so I could arrange it then.

:D

Don Libby

I'd love to have the lens in my bag, Don. Would you mind trading for my neighbor's boat? I think he'll be out of town this weekend so I could arrange it then.

:D
I’ve been told that there are 2 good days when you own a boat – the day you buy it and the day you sell it……

Think I’ll have to pass on this very generous offer ;)

don

faneuil

Any using the horseman SWD? Seems like at the $4-5K range we could be using that setup and get the ability to shift as well.

Eric

(sorry, didn't mean to detract from the sale-- I'd love to buy the 28mm!)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I had the Horseman and while it is a great camera, it is point, guess-focus and shoot, where any lens on an SLR is direct view, auto-everything and shoot. Different animals for different purposes. The 28 Mamiya is a very good, very wide lens.

Don Libby

Did I mention that I’d be willing to entertain reasonable offers?

Christmas is coming this could make a good gift …

don

Don Libby

I've resisted it so far as it really isn't a fire sale, meaning while I'd like to sell the lens I really don't have to....

That said I'll give it a little while more before resorting to ebay.

I am willing to entertain offers as long as they are reasonable and don't make me laugh too much.

Thanks to all who have looked and sent me their thoughts.

don