The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica Digilux 2

Audii-Dudii

This is a factory-refurbished camera that I purchased from Popflash several years ago. The failure-prone sensor was replaced by Leica and it comes with all accessories (many of which, such as the strap and lens hood, have never been used or even opened) as well as the original box, manual, and software CD. (If I look around the house, I suspect I can find a spare battery or even two, and if I can, I'll include them ... no promises, though!) Note that I am a user, not a collector, and while I do not abuse my equipment, I definitely do use it, so there will be some visible signs of usage (such as the scuffs on the bottom plate you can see in the last photo.)

This was my first "serious" digital camera and it remains a favorite of mine even today, as do many of the photos I have taken with it. If Leica had updated the camera to incorporate modern digital technology, I suspect that I'd own and use one of them today. Alas, I was seduced by the m4/3 format and more recently by the Fuji X-Pro1, so it's not likely to see much further use by me and it's time to find it a new home.

US$725 obo including shipping in CONUS. Payment via PayPal preferred, but I'll also accept personal checks, etc. provided you accept that I'll wait two weeks to verify that payment has cleared before I ship. (While I prefer and will give priority to a U.S. sale, I'll consider a foreign sale provided you agree to cover the additional shipping costs.)

Farnz

Audii-Dudii, it's really sad to see that you're moving away from this wonderful camera considering all the excellent work you did with your collection of D2's and LC1's and the useful information you made available to the general community.:talk028::thumbup:

I hope that m4/3 and the X-Pro1 will fill your needs but I can't help wondering if the D2 will quietly wheedle its way back into your heart as it does with so many of us.:eek:

If I didn't already have two D2's I would be interested. Good luck with your sale.

Pete.