The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Mac Pro Dual Quad 3.2 GHz & 16 GB RAM

John Black

APPLE MAC PRO
EARLY 2008 - Dual Quad (8 Cores) 3.2 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Dual DVD-RW, Nvida 8800 GT, 500 GB HD
$1600 Shipped (US Lower 48) and Paypal'd; no international sales

The Mac Pro has been upgraded to 16 GB of RAM (RAM purchased from Other World Computing) and the Apple Store installed Apple Airport / Bluetooth card (supports 802.11B/G/N). The Mac Pro runs perfectly and has been a home computer, mainly used with photo editing (Photoshop CS5, Capture One 6.4.3, Lightroom 4.x – these apps are NOT included). I am the original owner and have had the computer for about 4 years. The Mac Pro has never needed any servicing (other than the Apple Sore installing the Apple Airport card). I cleaned the computer about every 6 months. With eight 3.2 GHz CPUs, it is a very fast computer and I have been very happy with it. The auction includes the following items (see pictures):

• Apple Mac Pro – 8 x 3.2 GHz
• 16 GB RAM – Other World Computing with Apple qualified heat-spreaders
• Dual DVD-RW Drives (original Apple drives & configuration)
• Apple (Seagate) 500 GB HD
• Apple installed Airport & Bluetooth Card
• Nvidia 8800GT (Dual DVI-D Outputs, drives 30” monitors)
• Apple Pro Keyboard - never used (US layout with numeric keypad)
• Apple Mouse
• Power cord
• DVI/RGB adapter
• OS 10.5.4 System Restore Disks
• 10.6 Snow Leopard "up to date" disk
• Box, packaging and manuals

Cosmetically, it is in excellent condition with no dents or dings to the case. There are a couple very light surface rub marks from sliding the computer in and out of its space under my desk. The OS will be restored to the original Apple OS via the system restore disks (10.5.4). I upgraded to 12-core machine earlier this year and do not need two Mac Pro’s; our other computers are iMac’s and Macbook Pro’s, so we do not need a second desktop machine in our home.

Last edited: