The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Lux 50 e43 Cron 50 IV Tabbed

bingoh2000

I have two Leica lenses for sale:

Terrific pre-ASPH Summilux 50mm e43. S/N 3157xxx (made in Wetzlar, 1981). With Leica slim Uva Filter (13206) and original Leica hood (12586) and original Leica front (14163) and rear caps. All optical surfaces pristine. Slight wear on aperture blades but no oil. No internal dust (that I could see). Overhauled by Sherry Kräuter in 2008. Cosmetics strong—some wear/brassing along the leading edges where the hood clips on. A few bright spots on the barrel and hood: conservatively I'd rate it an Exc—please see pictures. Wonderful sharpness and tonality without dropped blacks/blown highlights of the more recent ASPH 'Lux. This lens has delivered wonderful, tack-sharp/dreamy photos for me on both film and the M9. The "vintage black-and-white" function on the M9 is a revelation with this lens. I hate to see it go. I will include Sherry Kräuter's invoice from the overhaul. $1875 paypaled and shipped CONUS.

50mm Summicron M f2 version 4 with original Leica rear cap, hood (12585 H), and recent replacement Leica front cap (14033). S/N 3448xxx Wetzlar (German) production from 1984. All optical surfaces pristine. Aperture blades without oil or wear. Cosmetics a strong Exc/Exc+ (see photos). The ultimate in sharpness. This is the same optical formula as the current Summicron 50, though with the handy focusing tab and clip-on hood that provides better shading. Just a great lens. $1350 paypaled and shipped CONUS.

This sale is Paypal only, to confirmed addresses in CONUS + Canada. Sale price includes Paypal fees and shipping. I will ship UPS insured ground with tracking. I have had a few good transactions here and on rff, as well as 100% positive feedback on over 100 transactions on the auction site (same username as here). Thanks for looking.

bingoh2000

Bump. Note that my photos show edge-wear/brassing along the edge of the filter and lens--this is where the lens-hood clips on. The rest of the lens body is in great shape cosmetically. A few pin-sized losses of paint but that's all. The lens' performance is pin-sharp at the center with liquid bokeh and oof highlights at wide apertures. Tons of character with great IQ. It's too sharp for my portrait needs, and I have been using a classic Sonnar 50 with Amedeo adapter instead. Cheers, A