The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Zeiss ZM 25mm Biogon

Hosermage

Hi,

I have an excellent condition ZM25 in silver for sale. Comes with front cap, rear cap, original box and papers, no hood. Everything spotless for $850 paypal'd and shipped in CONUS, with USPS delivery tracking.

I'm selling it for no faults of its own. The lens is super sharp, and I used it without external viewfinder, just use the entire VF to guesstimate. But I wear glasses, so it's hard for me to see the entire VF. I got an 28 Elmarit shortly after it, and just find the 6bit coding and proper frameline without external viewfinder easier for a lazy person like me.

It is the newer version with a groove on the mounting ring so if you add the 6-bit coding with a marker, it won't come off so easy. I believe the recommended 6-bit coding for this lens is the 28mm Elmarit ASPH, but I coded it as 24mm Elmarit so it won't get confused with the real 28mm Elmarit that I have in Lightroom. Also, be careful that if you code it as 28mm, the M9 won't record the 6-bit lens info if you don't manually flip the viewfinder to the 28mm frameline. It records fine when I code it to 24mm. It brings up the 35mm frameline on my M9 by default, which I think is better for the M8 shooters.

Hosermage

I've cleaned off the 6-bit coding, but I have the 6-bit coding kit, so I can code it for the buyer prior to shipping. Just tell me which lens you would like me to code it for.

Hosermage

some people are concerned about "wobbling" with Zeiss lenses, and I can confirm there is zero wobbling with this one.