The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Zeiss C-Sonnar ZM 50/1.5

vsvs

Quick catch and release, no more M mount for me
Glass is perfect, barrel showing some slight signs of use. It comes with the Zeiss hood and generic front/rear caps, no box. Most likely optimized for 2.8 but I haven't tested.
Have all positive feedback here, on RFF, and ebay
950 net to me

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
Is this a screw mount? Do you know the year of manufacture? I'm just getting interested in the old glass, and the old Zeiss is particularly complicated to me.
Thanks.

Farnz

Is this a screw mount? Do you know the year of manufacture? I'm just getting interested in the old glass, and the old Zeiss is particularly complicated to me.
Thanks.
Be very wary of old Zeiss Sonnars in Leica Thread Mount; very few genuine ones were produced and the vast majority are Russian copies. This lens is not from that era.

Pete.

Very easy to tell if it's calibrated for f1.5 or 2.8: Just photograph a ruler at an angle @ 1.4, with a mark at the point you focused on. If the image is sharpest at that point, it's 1.5. If it front-focuses it's 2.8.