The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Canon 400/2.8 IS

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
I recently got back in to the Leica M8 system, and now need to sell some of my other gear to cover the costs.

Thanks,
Mike

Canon 400/2.8 IS - $5,100 "Net to me"
Serial Number: 23083
Date Code: US0213 (February, 2004)
Items included: Trunk with keys, manuals and warranty card, hood, 52mm drop-in filter, front leather cap, shoulder strap. Extra accessories available (see below).

I am the 2nd owner of this lens. It is amazingly sharp, works perfectly, and is extremely clean. The only signs of use are some minor paint blemishes on the hood (a small scratch - not all the way through the paint, and another small paint blemish). The body is extremely clean with no paint chips or scratches. The glass is perfect. Everything works perfectly, and the lens produces beautifully sharp images.

I lost the original lens foot (when I put on an after-market arca-swiss type foot). I purchased another "original" foot on ebay, and it's included with the lens, but it has some visible paint blemishes and looks like it was retouched with paint.

I have always used a protective lens cover on the lens. For the photos below, I removed the lens cover (to show the condition of the lens), but did not remove the section that is on the tripod collar. That section is adhesive, and if I remove it, it will be difficult to put back on the lens. If the new buyer requests, I will remove that section of the lens cover, and take photos of the tripod collar underneath.

Extras: I will offer the following accessory pack to the buyer of the lens: Arca-swiss style replacement foot (shown on the lens in the photos below), white protective neoprene lens cover, neoprene protective front/hood cover (fits over the front of the hood or lens), 52mm drop-in polarizer filter. All these are shown in the first image below. I'll offer this whole "accessory pack" for $150. This is only available to the buyer of the lens, as extra incentive.

Last edited: