The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Very Rare Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar T 5cm(50mm) f1.4 L39 Mount

Jim Schemel

Price: $1,600.00
Payment method: Money order
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority
FEEDBACK - FredMiranda Jim Schemel feedbacks - FM Forums

$1600 OBO / Will Consider trade for Leica M8
Very Rare Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar T 5cm(50mm) f1.4 L39 Mount. In fact if you can find another one like this let me know.Especially at this price.
The lens is a L39 Screw Mount Made for Leica rangedfinder.It has amazing bokeh even on my NEX 5N and is very sharp Wide open and extremely sharp stopped down.Color and Contrast are excellent.
The glass is in very good condition, blades are dry with no signs of oil, the blade function is very smooth, they do not click but stay in position.Body is in over all good condition with a small cut near the rim.See pics.Focus is very smooth but a little stiff.From my research there are very few of these out there in any mount and even fewer in this mount.I think this lens would rock on a FF sensor which right now Leica is the only option.I have original lens cap and lens rear cap and original leather storage case.Feel free to ask any more questions.I have more pics of the lens if needed.

A few samples taken with the lens on my NEX 5N

@1.4 -

@1.4

@1.4

@ 1.4

@1.4

stopped down

Last edited: