The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leia M9 Black

wattsy

Very well looked after black M9. In excellent condition (probably Mint-). Small amount of extended warranty (transferable) until 8th October 2012. Boxed with all original accessories and paperwork.

Bought new in October 2009. One owner (me). I purchased the extended warranty a year ago (ends 8th Oct) and had the camera checked over by Leica. They readjusted the RF (perfectly) and presumably checked all functions, etc. I have used it on only 2-3 occasions (as a back-up/second camera) since it returned from Solms (I have an M9-P which I use as my main camera). It functions beautifully and has a spotless sensor. Condition is universally excellent. There is a tiny scratch (<1mm) on the top plate and a few hairline scratches on the baseplate. Otherwise this camera is in perfect condition (including the LCD screen). Boxed with everything it originally came with. Camera has made around 10,500 actuations and has worked 100% flawlessly since new.

Asking GBP 2495 (approx USD 4000). Payment by bank transfer or cheque (latter is UK only). Insured shipping extra at cost.

I have an eBay rating of 100% (username 'mobilefish') and have sold Leica gear a few times here and many times on the LUF classifieds (I have been an active member of that forum since 2003).

Please note: I am not a dealer but am VAT registered and buyers located within the EU will need to add 20% VAT (or provide a valid VAT number to buy at ex-VAT price). Please also note that I will not ship specifying an artificially low customs value. The full cost of the camera will be the declared value.

Last edited:
F

fti

With all respect, you don't have to charge VAT on your second hand product which you are selling non-commercially within the EU. This sale (within EU) should be treated the same way as you would sell within UK.

If any VAT is charged (i.e. you are dealing in a professional capacity) you could apply the margin rule - being the difference between the new price and the second hand price and not 20%!

So if I - being in NL - wanted to buy this from you, I would have to add 20% above your asking price? What would you do with the extra 20% then? Would you report this - being a private sales - to the HM Revenue & Customs?

Apologies if this sounds like I'm attacking you, I honestly do not mean to, but I'm a little confused here. In all my second hand EU purchases; I've never had a private seller charge any VAT on second hand goods.

wattsy

I'm afraid you are wrong FTI. The margin scheme is for dealers who are selling second hand product (and who account for VAT on the margin they make on the item sold). I am not a dealer and am selling an item that I have personally owned from new. As I am VAT registered (for my freelance business) I am obliged to account for VAT on the sale of any item that has previously gone through the books. This means that I have to add the standard rate of VAT (20% in UK) to the full second hand price if (and only if) the buyer is located in the European Union. And, yes, of course I report this VAT to "HM Revenue & Customs" – I file a quarterly VAT return which accounts for any disposal of business equipment.

F

fti

I stand corrected re: margin scheme.

I didn't know that you were selling an item which belongs to your business; hence VAT. :)