The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica APO-Telyt-R 280/2.8

Price: $2,500.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: USPS priority prefered but whatever makes you happy

I've gone back and forth on this but have decided to sell my beloved 280/2.8 in favor of going to the modular system. The lens is in beautiful condition. Cam West rated it a 10- when I took it in to talk to the guys in Walnut Creek about a trade. It's a second version with the removable UV filter (the filter also acts as a 1-stop ND filter, which can come in handy in bright conditions). It comes with the filter, built in hood, case, original caps, and strap. It's missing the handhold mount but you probably won't want to hand-hold it much anyway- it's a weighty lens. It does have the Kirk plate made for it's foot. Stick it on a monopod and you're set. Also works well on a gimble with or without extenders.

Lenses that would interest me in a trade: Elmarit-R 19 vII, 21-35 ASPH, 250/4 vII, 180/2.8 APO, M 135 APO, ZF.2 35/1.4, ZF 85/1.4, LTM Jena Biotar 58/2. Let me know what you've got and we can trade pics.

I will also sell for $2500 shipped and paypaled to the US and Canada. Other locations possible at actual cost.

I'm a lurker here, but I've got positive feedback under the same username at Fred Miranda, and under braddrury on eBay. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Photos of the lens attached, as well as two shot with the lens. The color is from a DsIII, the B&W from an a900.

Thanks for looking.

Brad

algrove

Brad-Are you there? I travel for 2 weeks starting tomorrow.

What year is this lens and is it part number 11245?

Talk to me. Lou

Hey, Lou,

Sorry it took me so long. It's a 1985. The part number isn't actually printed on the lens, but the l-wiki shows 11245 as being the only part number, so I suppose it is.

Unfortunately, I already have a pre-ASPH 21, and this lens is pending for a local trade on a 24. Thanks for the interest.

Brad

Brad-Are you there? I travel for 2 weeks starting tomorrow.

What year is this lens and is it part number 11245?

Talk to me. Lou