The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rittreck Norita 66 chrome with MLU, 80mm f2 lens

DReilly

For sale is a Rittreck 6x6 120 medium format SLR in excellent cosmetic and functional condition. Includes the amazing Rittron 80mm f2 lens, one of the fastest medium format lenses in the world. It's the same lens as the later Noritar 80mm f2. Chrome Rittrecks are pretty rare.

The Rittreck is the immediate precursor to the Norita 66. The line changed hands and the Noritas were identical to the earlier Rittrecks with two exceptions: the Rittreck was only offered in chrome, the Noritas only in black (that suffers brassing easily) and the Rittreck has a mirror lock up (MLU) feature, operated by the knurled knob on the front under the shutter button.

There's a very active flickr group of photographers shooting Noritas and Rittrecks, well worth looking at. This is a great set up if you want to shoot low-light or experiment with ultra narrow depth of field.

This has been totally CLA'd by Ross Yerkes, the Norita expert, and it's still under warranty from him for a few more months. Comes with lens, body and a photocopy of the original manual.

Really fun camera, but I'm still infatuated with TLRs. $925 shipped. 3-day inspection period for US buyers. Foreign shipping is extra ($50). Paypal, no fees...

DReilly

Shutter looks good and was serviced before the sale by Ross. I can get a photo of it tomorrow.

The spots on the lens is just dust...you can see it also on the black lens trim surround also. The lens is in very nice optical shape, just the usual dust you would expect for a camera over 50 years old!

DReilly

I totally forgot to add that included is a set of three Tiffen USA-made ND filters (62mm) that fit the Rittron lens in a carrying case. You'll need these lenses to take advantage of f2 on brighter days, since the max shutter speed is 1/500.

tnabbott

Shutter looks good and was serviced before the sale by Ross. I can get a photo of it tomorrow.

The spots on the lens is just dust...you can see it also on the black lens trim surround also. The lens is in very nice optical shape, just the usual dust you would expect for a camera over 50 years old!
Thanks. Dust always shows up on my photos too. Somehow flash accentuates any dust. Nice camera!