The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 silver + 28/2.8 ZM + 50/2 ZM

E

efix

I am selling my silver chrome Leica M8 plus my two Zeiss M mount lenses, the 28/2.8 Biogon and the 50/2 Planar.

All three items have recently been serviced. The Leica has gotten an allround checkup and is in perfect working order. The lenses are mechanically like new and optically pristine. All items show some normal wear on their bodies.

The camera has roughly 20k shutter actuations and works like on day one. I've had it for roughly two and a half years and bough it second hand from its first owner. The following parts (besides the general checkup) have been serviced in Solms, Germany and have 1 yr liability: sensor, shutter speeds, meter, rangefinder. Additionally, Leica gave the M8 their new standard vulcanite covering, which is much nicer to hold than the original sandpaper covering.

The M8 is modified with a "Thumbie" thumb rest which makes it very comfortable to hold. I also gave it a 9days.hk mini soft release, which makes oprationg the shutter button more comfortable. I'd prefer to sell it with both items attached, as I believe they greatly add to the M8's ergonomics.

As to the lenses, the 28/2.8 Biogon is 6-bit coded so the M8 can automatically correct for color shift when using it with a UV/IR filter. I will ad the fitting UV/IR filter (43mm / 46mm) to each lens upon request.

I will sell each item separately or the whole kit as one. The M8 comes with 2 batteries (one original, one third party, both lasting ~ 150-250 shots), charger, strap, the original box, all original papers and of course the certificate and bill of the servicing. I am asking € 1800 for the M8.

The 28/2.8 Biogon comes without box but with the service certificate and both caps. Asking price is 800 €. I will add the fitting 46mm UV/IR filter upon request.

The 50/2 Planar comes with box, original papers, service certificate and both caps. Asking price is 600 €. I will add the fitting 43mm UV/IR filter upon request.

You can also buy all three items together as a kit. If you do so, insured shipping to anywhere in the world will be included.

Items are located in Marburg, Germany. You can pick them up if you live nearby. Shipping within Germany is on me. For shipping prices to elsewhere please inquire.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to pm me.

E

efix

New prices:

M8: € 1700 or US-$ 2200
28 Biogon: € 750 or US-$ 950
50 Planar: € 550 or US-$ 700

Whole set: € 2950 or US-$ 3800 with free insured shipping worldwide.

E

efix

We can talk about the individual prices or price for the complete set if you're interested.

E

efix

I may also be interested in trading parts of the kit for an Olympus OM-D and 25mm DG Summilux lens.

E

efix

M8 SALE PENDING

28 Biogon and 50 Planar are still available.

28 Biogon: € 725 or US-$ 925
50 Planar: € 525 or US-$ 675
(However, not including shipping)

E

efix

Last try, before I put the Biogon on the bay, which I honestly prefer not to.