The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M8, 35mm Summilux ASPH, 21mm Super-Angulon, 90mm Summicron, Mamiya TLR 55mm

jpfisher

It's with a heavy heart that I'm listing my Leica M8 (and some lenses) for sale. The new M is just too darned tempting.

Leica M8, black. Purchased as a store demo from B&H in mid-2008. The camera received a new shutter and a CLA from Leica NJ on July 24, 2012. The following work was done according to the invoice: Replace Shutter, Adjust CCD Position / Tilt, Adjust R/F, Perform Pixel/Column Restoration, Upgrade to Current Standard, Check and Adjust for Good Working Order. All in all, $700 worth of work.

The camera and all original packaging materials/accessories is included. There are three batteries--the original and third party (Impact) purchased in 2008, and an additional Leica battery purchased in June, 2011.

The camera has seen fairly light/personal use. The original shutter captured around 13,000 photos before being replaced, and the new one has less than 750. Of course, it is warrantied through July of next year thanks to the recent repair at Leica NJ. I'll include the invoice for that as proof. There are two very small chips in the finish on the top plate--one in the rear right, one near the rangefinder window. Otherwise, cosmetic condition is excellent. I'm including eight Visible Dust 1.3x sensor swabs for sensor cleaning, but no cleaning solution. The rear display is protected by a Giottos glass cover.

The price for the M8 is $2200.

Extras:

The M8 handgrip is available, I've used this with the camera since day 1. $155.
I have the C-ESP1 Thumbs Up in black, purchased at the Leica store in DC in May of this year. $130 for that. It has a shoe so it can take an optical finder.
Want to buy the M8, the grip, and the Thumbs Up? $2350.

Now, some lenses:

I'm a 50mm shooter at heart, and the Leica 35mm Summilux ASPH (pre-FLE version) has lived on the camera. I bought it new in 2008. The OEM hood got crunched in my camera bag and has a piece broken off (it was attached to my CL at the time, not the M8), but optically there are no issues with the lens.) So I'll include a generic vented 46mm hood as well. It is 6-bit coded. There is some paint wear around the aperture ring. Price for the lens is $4000. Includes original box + leather case.

21mm Super-Angulon f/3.4 in chrome. This is an older lens, and shows some wear. The previous owner blacked out writing - "Leitz/Wetzlar" and "Super Angulon" on the face of the lens with marker. When I bought it there was some wiggle in the front element, but that was corrected by Sherry. Includes hood and rear cap. $1450.

21mm Leitz Finder, plastic. Great shape, $300. Can be had along with the S-A for $1650.

90mm Summicron - This is the Canadian Summicron with the 48mm filter size and built-in tripod thread and hood. Received a new lens mount from Leica NJ in 2010, but is not 6-bit coded. $825.

And now for something completely different:

Mamiya-Sekor 55mm f/4.5 lens for C330 and similar TLR cameras. I bought this off of eBay, but ended up using it very sparingly. It's in excellent shape all around. $200

All prices are based on payment via Paypal. Will discount approximately 3% bit for in-person cash transactions.

I would prefer a US buyer, and if you are local to NJ/NYC, an in-person transaction would be best so you can see the camera for yourself. Buyer pays actual shipping, I'm going to insist on tracking and insurance for our mutual protection; my preference would be UPS.

I'd consider taking a 50mm Summilux f/1.4 pre-ASPH, the 46mm version that focuses to 0.7m, in trade, plus or minus cash depending on what you were looking to get. Would prefer to trade with someone local. Would also consider a 50mm Summicron that focus to 0.7m.

Photos: 2012-09-22 - M8 Sale Pics - jimfisher's Photos | SmugMug