The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD-Black M9 250 actuations + warranty card

algrove

This pristine M9 was purchased for my wife who after hardly using it, decided she wanted to keep her other camera. The warranty card has never been filled out and the software has never been downloaded. So it is yours to register with the included blank US Two-Year Warranty Application card. I called Leica NJ on 10/17/12 and spoke to a Brenda about the warranty question regarding this camera and she said that if the warranty card has not been filled out nor has the camera been registered on line then the second owner can register the camera with all Leica warranties in place for the new buyer.
View attachment 64498
Try to find another pristine M9 for sale which allows you to register the camera as new for $1000 less than one at any dealer who might still have one in stock.

Of course all manuals, cords, materials (which have never been used except that the battery was charged using my charger) and boxes included plus the gray outer box. Purchased new from Dale Photo, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. I put a Giottos screen protector on it. Will add a well used hand grip from my older M9-upgraded to P and a black Thumbs-Up. The original, new base plate has never seen the real world-only the bottom of the original box.

View attachment 64474

View attachment 64475

View attachment 64499

View attachment 64500

View attachment 64501

Save yourself $1000 less than the $6495 new M9 recent retail price plus hand grip ($250 retail) and never used black Thumbs-Up ($110 retail). Some dealer demo cameras have many more shots on them than this camera has on it.

$5500. Additional photos available upon request. Only CONUS sales.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Re: FS-Black M9 250 actuations

Please be advised to check with Leica before assuming that a warranty is transferable. This has not been the case in the past.

algrove

Thank you. I will check with Leica NJ tomorrow.

Since the "Two-Year Warranty Application" card provided with the camera has not yet been filled out, there would no transfer of warranty, but the chance to register the camera in the new owner's name in order to get the Two-Year Warranty in the new owner's name. I will get clarification tomorrow and update with any pertinent information.

Last edited:

algrove

Please be advised to check with Leica before assuming that a warranty is transferable. This has not been the case in the past.
Cindy-Thanks again for bringing this subject up. After my call to Brenda at Leica NJ this morning, 10/17/12, she made it clear--If the warranty card was not sent in and no one registered the camera online, then the new owner can use the warranty and register the camera as if they were the first owner entitling them to the full Leica camera warranty.

The warranty card has not been filled out nor has this cameras been registered online. As a result this camera will be considered new by Leica for Warranty purposes and the Two Year Warranty can be yours.

Last edited:

bradhusick

I recently bought a camera from algrove and it was exactly as described and packed very well. Buy with confidence.

algrove

Thank you, Brad.

I am sure you will enjoy the pristine new camera and we look forward to seeing some posts of photos taken with it.