The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Arca Swiss D4M

Don Libby

This is the same head I offered earlier this year however I just got it back from being totally repaired. While it works great I really don't have the need for it as I picked up the D4 and like it better for a tech camera.

The new price on D4M's is in the neighborhood of $711.00. This has a couple small scratches which could be easily covered up.

Price is $650 which includes PayPal fees and Priority Mail CONUS. Add $25 for Canada and actual costs elsewhere.

Don

kdphotography

Whoa! Did you even follow proper GetDPI forum rules here? I do believe this is an item that needs to be offered first to Jack or Guy....

:D

Don Libby

Not too certain how to answer this.

First I don't see the D4 or D4M as a true "ballhead". My experience with ballheads is if you loosen the ball to make adjustments you end up with a complete axis shifting ability whereas with the D4(m) you have direct control over 2-axis (horizontal and vertical). I really don't see it as a true ballhead.

I used the D4 extensively during the 2-months in Jackson Hole, Yellowstone and Glacier this year. Great control using it on the Phase DF, Cambo WRS and even using it to shoot some video. During this time the D4M was in the Acra Swiss hospital putting things straight and I didn't get to use it until I came home last week.

Regarding shifts. I noticed a very slight shift with the D4 when I first got it but did not feel it on the trip. I mounted the D4M on a tripod and put a camera body on it and felt nothing.

I have found in the very short time I've had the D4M that it is as well made as the D4 and much much easier to use than any other non-geared head I've used. I simply don't need 2-heads and have decided to keep the D4 and sell the D4M. If I had only the D4M then I'd never sell it. It's that good.

Still don't know if I completly answered your question but at least I tried....

Don