The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Gitzo GT2540

Don Libby

I've had this tripod for awhile and it's just collecting dust.

The thing is lightweight and has been used as a hiking tripod primarily by Sandy who says she no longer needs/wants it. It originally came with a center post which was removed and replaced with a Kirk FP-100N (click here)

As near as I can tell the current price is $799.90 (B&H).

This tripod is clean and very sturdy, all it'll need is a head and you're good to go.

Price is $400 which includes PayPal and shipping CONUS, add $25 for Canada. While we normally don't have a problem shipping outside of the US and Canada I think we'll stick here because the packing and shipping elsewhere might end up costing more than you'd be willing to spend.

Please note that I used this to photograph the D4M which is for sale on another thread and not included in this sale although we might consider a package deal.

Don

Don Libby

I found what I think is the center post and will ship it with the tripod. I removed the center post in order to reduce weight and for the simple reason I don't use center posts.

Don

Please Note: I'm offering the tripod "AS IS" and will include what might be the center post if someone whats to use it.

Last edited:

Don Libby

I've been crazy busy since returning from Jackson Hole so my apologies to everyone who has written me about the tripod.

There's good news and not so good news.

The good news is that the center post does in fact fit as witness by the photos I just took this morning. The not so good news is that I'm raising the price $50.00 to $450.00 which still includes PayPal and shipping CONUS. My friends in Canada will still need to pay $25.00 and shipping internationally so long as you pay for it.

Why the price increase? Simple - you're getting not only a fully functional tripod with the center post, I'm also including Kirk FP-100N. While I don't like center posts on tripods it's obvious to me others do.

First one to send me PM saying they're buy it gets it.

Don Libby

The tripod is no longer being offered for sale.

In writing this response I am tiring of the added time needed to sell a simple tripod and have decided to remove it from sale as I simply don't have the time needed to justify the cost benefit.

Don

Don Libby

The day after I took this off the market I got a call from a gentleman from Las Vegas. Seems he is an airline pilot and was flying into Tucson the following day. I was asked if he could come out to the studio and pickup the tripod. Long story short - the tripod is no longer available as it has been sold.

Guy - sorry we didn't get to sell it to you however would you please mark this as Sold.

Thank you all who have written an or called about this.

Don