The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB Zeiss Sonnar 50 1.5 in s-mount

Ginko

Hello,

I'm looking for a Zeiss Sonnar 50 1.5 in S-Mount, the edition made for Nikon rangefinders.

Thanks for your help !:salute:

Farnz

I'm fairly sure that the Zeiss 50/1.5 Sonnars were made in Contax mount not S mount. The two mounts are similar but the focus pitch is very slightly different between the two, so Zeiss Contax (RF) lenses will physically fit into S mount cameras and vice versa but the focus would be off in each case, which I understand is why Amadeo Musceli produces separate adaptors for Leica M to Contax (RF) and Leica M to Nikon S mount.

I have a Nippon Kogaku Japan 5cm f/1.4 Nikkor-S C (Sonnar) lens and an Amadeo Nikon to Leica M adaptor with machined pits for 6-bit coding that I would part with. Please PM me if you're interested.

Pete.

Ginko

Pete,

thanks for your answer. What I read about this edition of the new Sonnar is quite confusing, with people saying it is a contax mount and other saying Nikon RF mount. But as Zeiss charaterizes it as a S-mount, I'll believe them for now, use a S-Mount/Leica M adapter for the moment and try to find a Contax/Leica M adapter later and test it. ;)

Alahome, thanks for the tip but it seems to have been sold already ! No luck !