The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 6x7 Set (that needs some love), Rollei Tropic Hardcase, BH-40 with ASII LR, Mi

Albino_BlacMan

Looking to sell some stuff that doesn’t get enough (or in some cases any) use. I have positive feedback

on Fourthirdsphoto, FredMiranda, Pentaxforums and GetDPI as Albino_BlacMan and on ebay as ctp046.

All prices include shipping unless otherwise noted. I accept most payment methods. All prices are negotiable and I'm happy to do package deal. If any of my prices are way out of line feel free to fire me a PM.

Pentax 6x7 with 150/2.8 and 55/3.5 - $380 but I’m open to offers

Taken from the Mayo Clinic Website:

The possibilities of Pentax 6x7 therapy are enticing — increase your muscle mass, sharpen your memory and concentration, boost your libido, and improve your energy level. As you get older, Pentax 6x7 therapy may sound like the ultimate anti-aging formula. Well actually they’re talking about Testosterone therapy but this thing will do the same thing for you. When you see the size (pictures don’t do it justice) and hear the bang (I said bang not click) of tripping the shutter you’ll release this is pure manliness (Or womanliness if you’re not a man! I don’t discriminate.)

This one is however in need of some love. We’ll start with the not so good. It’s well used and shows it. There’s a small ding on the prism. When you look through the viewfinder you see a black dot which appears to be in the prism. Maybe it’s from the ding, I’m not sure. It shows quite a bit of brassing, there’s some leatherette missing, the strap lugs are missing (I’m sure they Mayo clinic would recommend you don’t hang something this size around your neck though). Also the light seals look like they might need a checkup. Finally I don’t know if the shutter speeds are correct. Fast speeds seem on, slow speeds I’m not sure on. Bulb doesn’t stay open until you release the shutter and mirror is slow to come back down sometimes. Not film tested

Now for the good! It shoots 6x7 negatives with a SLR form factor. No silly waist level viewfinders, just straight TTL prism! Focus screen is clean! You get the meterless prism! (Much rarer and more expensive in cameras like the Nikon F/F2 so it’s got to be good right!) Honestly you get an enormous uncluttered viewfinder that puts every 35mm SLR to shame. This is 70’s Pentax build quality so you can bang in nails and use the camera to stop a bullet and then keep on shooting.

Lenses – 150/2.8 shows a big dent on the filter ring. Exterior shows a lot of brassing. However, glass looks clean and clear. Aperture is smooth and snappy, apertures blades look clean and oil free and focus is smooth.

55/3.5 – This thing is nice. Exterior shows quite a bit of brassing. Optics look really good. No marks or anything. Focus is smooth, aperture is snappy and the aperture blades look clean and oil free. Classic Pentax build quality which is generally amazing. Oh and did I mention it’s big… Filter size is 100mm.

Rollei Tropical Case (Hardcase) with desiccant – $225 - Good condition. The case shows minor paint loss where it opens and closes. Nothing I would consider serious (but that’s for you to decide). You can get a sense of it from the pictures. The inside is clean but there is one spot on the back of the Rollei logo where one of bumper pads came off. I have the pad so you just have to stick it back on. I also have another pad that seems to not have been installed yet. Also comes with desiccant cartridge which is pretty neat. It consists of a glass tube full of purple crystals which I assume were the original silica gel. These seem to be a little hard to find in good condition with everything like desiccant included so I’m not sure about price. If you’re interested PM me and we’ll work something out.

Really Right Stuff BH-40 with AS II LR - $340 - It’s been used almost entirely inside. Only place that shows noticeable wear is the bottom (mount) which is because it was mounted on a tripod. If you closely I’m sure you can find small scratches and stuff. Comes with RRS condura pouch. Only selling because I have a BH-55 on the way (I won’t sell it until my BH-55 arrives but that should be either today or tomorrow).

Super-Tak 1:3.5 35mm Hood – $5 + shipping – shows wear but it works.

Pentax Strap - $5 + shipping – I think it’s a strap at least. Still in unopened bag.

Albino_BlacMan

BH-40 is sold

All 6x7 Stuff is sold.

Only thing left is the Rollei Hardcase and Misc Pentax Stuff (willing to work on price for the Hardcase)