The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

3:1 Macro Setup - $200

Albino_BlacMan

Looking to sell some stuff that doesn’t get enough (or in some cases any) use. I have positive feedback on Fourthirdsphoto, FredMiranda, Pentaxforums and GetDPI as Albino_BlacMan and on ebay as ctp046.

All prices include shipping unless otherwise noted. I accept most payment methods. All prices are negotiable and I'm happy to do package deal. If any of my prices are way out of line feel free to fire me a PM.

3:1 Macro Kit - $200 (But I’m open to offers) – This is probably the least expensive way you can get 3:1 macro and this will likely outperform most macro lenses out there. This a m42 kit that includes 1 Asahi Pentax Bellows unit II, 1 EL-Nikkor 50/2.8-N (this lens is known for killer edge to edge sharpness), 1x 40.5mm to 39mm reversing ring and 1x 39mm to m42 adapter. Both of these are high quality adapter.

Rear mount of the bellows unit is m42. You can an m42 to pretty anything you want on ebay. Also, you don’t have to worry about flange distance! You won’t be focusing at infinity with this so more distance just equals more magnification! Bellows are supple and light tight.

Like I said this is an inexpensive way to get some very high quality macro shots. My testing suggests magnification goes from about 1:2 to 3:1 so where a normal “macro” ends this one starts!

Bellows unit also has its own tripod mount which allows it move forwards and backwards, essentially giving it a built in macro rail.

Also comes with the bubble lens case for the Nikkor.

Albino_BlacMan

Fogot to mention I'd throw in a Pentax 2x Eyepeice magnifier. It fits older screwmount and K-series Pentax bodies (KX and K2 and stuff). It could also probably be modified to fit newer bodies if you were handy with metalwork.