The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: ALPA HPF Rings Schneider 35mm & 47mm

Flynnyfalcon

Hi all,

I have no idea where to find these, hunting online with no luck. If you know or have either/both for sale, please let me know. Would be very appreciative.

Schneider Apo-Digitar 5.6/35 mm XL = AAS 36
Schneider Super-Angulon 5.6/47 mm XL = SSA 47

Cheers,

Chris

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Sorry I don't have these to sell (although I have them both myself) but since you were asking where you could find them - you can source them from any of the Alpa dealers. In the US that would be Fotocare in NYC, Dodd Camera in Chicago or Bear Images in Palo Alto/Seattle.

Flynnyfalcon

I'm in Australia, so Alpa dealers are limited, also with limitations on what they can supply.

Do you remember their cost?

Thanks for the reply Graham :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Very happy with the rings - they just simply work. You can buy either ft or m calibrated rings and then it's dead simple to fit them. They even have videos on how to do it although basically it's just a case of correctly aligning the infinity mark.

If you are zone focusing and just stacking images then you don't really need HPF rings. If you want greater precision for accurate focus distances (such as when using a distometer) then they can help a lot although primarily at closer distances. IMHO.

As regards cost, well yes they were expensive and subject to the Swiss Franc conversion rate. Mine cost $320 or so each back in 2011 but maybe less/more now. Factory price is 253 CHF.

For Oz you could try the Alpa rep:

AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
L&P Digital Photographic
Bruce Pottinger
96 Reserve Road
Artamon NSW 2064
Australia
Phone +61 2 9906 2733
Fax +61 2 9906 1102
E-Mail: [email protected]
Web: L&P Complete Imaging Solutions - L & P Digital Photographic

They do sometimes come up on the used market but only very rarely and typically when someone is selling off their lenses or getting them remounted on an Arca or lens board.

Good luck with your search!