The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Traded: Red Chrome Leica MP .85 with Chrome Leicavit

jstaben

My description:

Up for possible trades is an immaculate custom a la carte Leica MP. I purchased this here on getdpi a few months ago and have gone back and forth on selling it and right now I’m looking mainly for interesting trades on fast leica glass (e.g. <f/1.5).

This MP has a custom red leather covering, and a very nice desirable .85 finder. This finder is fabulous and amazing for portraits and longer FL lenses esp. 50 and above. At the 35mm FL the frame lines fill the window. Longer FLs will have increased focusing accuracy with this finder. Big and bright, if you are only used to the M8/M9 .72 finder it will be a big difference.

This camera comes with the matching chrome Leicavit. Amazingly, these sell for $1095 new! This one comes with the original innner and outer box and all documentation.

The camera has been fitted with a custom chrome rewind crank. These aren't made anymore and sell for over $200 new.

If custom ordered today, this package would run over $7000.

Why would I give up such a camera? I don't know...as I stated I'm still somewhat conflicted about it...my life is busy at this time and I have more gear than I need right now. I'm not interested in trading for other camera bodies.

From the previous owner sale description (leicadoc):

Leica MP ala carte, custom red leather grip. The finder is the desirable 0.85 finder. This has been lightly used, after I bought it from a pro who carried it as backup for an identical Leica. Finish is superb, speeds are accurate, and there are no issues. It has been cared for very conscientiously, and is a dream to shoot. The matching chrome Leicavit is the newest, matched to the piece, and works perfectly. The baseplate of the camera still has the original plastic film, as you can see. The camera was also fitted with the chrome re-wind knob, which I added extra, primarily for my ease. The top plate is engraved, like days of old.

Pictures can be seen here:

Leica MP - macjonny's Photos

jstaben

currently FT not FS as in the title and description "right now I’m looking mainly for interesting trades on fast leica glass (e.g. <f/1.5)." Willing to entertain offers via PM for outright sale but as per rules of this board I did not list a price because I'm going for trades at this time.