The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: 35mm Summaron, 3.5 or 2.8, M or LTM

PatrickCheung

Hey :)

I recently discovered that my Canon 35/2 had signs of coating degradation :( What once used to be a sharp, flare resistant lens became a soft, flare-prone lens. As sad as that is, I've taken it as an opportunity to try something new.

If anyone has a 35 Summaron, either the 3.5 or 2.8 version, in either M or LTM, that they're looking to sell for a good price, I'd be more than happy to consider it.

I talked to Youxin Ye about this, and he said he had a 3.5 LTM Summaron for sale, CLA'd by himself, 9/10 glass condition, 8.5/10 body condition, for about $380 shipped to Canada... I suppose that's the price I'm looking for for the 35/3.5 Summaron.

I'm not sure if I can afford it, but I'm also open to the 35/2.8... preferably no goggles. I doubt I can afford much more than $650 shipped to Canada...

I'm looking for lenses with good glass, good mechanical condition (aperture is clicky, smooth), smooth focusing.

I'm located in Canada :)

Thanks for your time!