The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Sony RX100, used.

Hosermage

Price: $500.00, including shipping and paypal in CONUS (USPS w/tracking).

+ original box
+ original manuals (never opened)
+ original USB wall plug adapter
+ original sony battery
+ original strap lugs (never used)
- NO original USB cable (I've included a 3-ft cable, which could be the original, but I just don't know for sure)
- NO original wrist strap (I'll include an unused Optech wrist strap with quick disconnect, can't find the original one)
+ extra screen protector (the current one is scratched up)

Condition: everything is fine except the front lens cover. Please check the pictures, and this is the reason for the low price. The lens is just fine, but there are scratches and rub marks on the cover, and minor paint loss on the edges of the front dial ring. LCD was protected the moment it was opened, and I will include a new screen protector because the current one is fairly scratched up.

Hosermage

For a camera that is so new new it looks a little dis- respected - Am I out of line?
Not at all, I used the camera for a bit, then gave it to my wife to use. She left it in her purse unprotected so it was rubbing against keys and other stuff. As soon as I noticed the rub marks, I gave her a pouch to put the camera in, but the damage was already done. If you plan to carry this in coats or pants pockets, then you'll find that the black finish is not very durable. I think Steve Huff also reported some scratches on his RX100 after a short period of use too.

Well, that's my explanation. It was never dropped or anything like that, still take wonderful pictures. Any prospective buyer won't have to worry about babying it :D