The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M8 - Chrome - Mint Condition - $2950

John Black

I am selling my mint condition chrome M8. It has ~2500 clicks on the shutter. I am the second owner. The original bought it for his wife (this was their second M8) and she only put around 900 clicks on it. I've owned for about 3 months and its led a sedate suburbia life in a non-smoking home. I have used the M8 with a Leica 50mm 'cron, 35mm 'cron and Zeiss 50mm F2 ZM. Focus has been very good and I have no reason to think that anything is out of alignment. I am selling the M8 to pay for a recently purchased ZD camera.

The M8 recently came back from Leica NJ to have its shutter button adjusted and metering checked. I felt the camera had a tendency to underexpose slightly - usually by ~1/2 stop. It may have been perfectly within spec, but since it was under warranty I figured it was worth it. I also asked Leica to adjust the shutter button. It was too "crunchy" IMO. Now it's pretty smooth - definitely better than it was before. During its stay at NJ, Leica also replaced a power assembly sub-board. The rear LCD has some very, very faint scratches - probably from being pulled out of a camera bag. The LCD has to be held at on oblique angle to see the scratches. The base plate still has the protective plastic on it, so it's scratch free.

The M8 comes with its inner and outer boxes, manual, charger, battery and strap. C1 LE is NOT included. It was not included when I bought it. I recommend RAW Developer for the M8 anyway. The pictures of the 1Ds3 and ZD side-by-side were taken the M8 & 50 'cron and processed RD (click here).

$2950 + $30 for ground shipping (Alaska and Hawaii may be slightly higher). No Paypal fees if paid with a Paypal eCheck; otherwise, add 3%. I'd prefer to sell within the US. The 50mm 'cron is also for sale (model number 11816). It is in like new condition, boxed, not coded. $950 + $20 for ground shipping. No Paypal fees if paid with a Paypal eCheck; otherwise, add 3%. And again, preferably US.

More pictures of the M8 are available here, and on the last page. Whoever buys the camera will enjoy it. It works like charm and looks beautiful - especially with the chrome lenses. I have a 1Ds3, the ZD and the M8. If hadn't I bought the ZD, the M8 would not be up for sale. There are a bunch of sample pictures available here.

Last edited:

John Black

I thought the M8 was sold, but the potential buyer has been MIA for 3 days... Reducing the price to $2800 + $30 for shipping (US). Buyer covers the Paypal fees.