The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Linhof Super Technika, 90mm SA f8 MC and 150mm Nikkor W

tjv

Hi all,

It kind of breaks me heart to be selling this, but here goes...

I'm selling my very good condition Linhof Super Technika V, 90mm Super-Angulon f8 MC and 150mm Nikkor-W f5.6. The 90mm is mounted on a genuine Linhof recessed lens board with quick cable release. The 150mm is mounted on a Nikon brand lens board.

(NB: I'm 99% certain this is a Super Technika V as it has the ratcheted rise control. The serial number is 2122455, which I also believe falls in the V range. I'm happy for anyone to reply to this post and let me know if I'm wrong.)

I'd rate the condition of the body as very good. A solid and perfectly functioning user. Last year I had a technician replace the bellows. The bellows themselves were sourced through ebay and are of very high quality. At the time, I agonized over wether or not to buy genuine leather bellows – from a manufacturer in the UK, if I remember correctly – or these, which were cheaper. I have to say that these bellows, which I think are made in China, are very, very good. No regrets at all.

The body leatherette is just okay. It's *mostly* intact, save for a few patches that have fallen off (photographed on the bottom of camera). It is starting to peal in several places but I only found that out by looking for it.

last year I also replaced the ground glass and fresnel screens with genuine, new Linhof parts. It made a huge difference and was much brighter than the originals.

The ratcheted rise control seems fine. I've never had any problems with it. The little part you turn to switch the ratchet direction (rise vs. fall) isn't as positive as a new Master Technika, but It's never let me down or failed to click in to place – it just requires a little more attention to the feel of the part falling in to place. I hope that makes sense.

The lenses are in great order with no scratches as far as I can see. There is of course a tiny bit of dust within the elements of both lenses, as you'd expect for any lens really but especially lenses this age.

I'd rate the Nikkor-W as 8/10

The 90mm SA f8 has only very minor "Schneideritis" but less than I've seem in most other samples. Shining a torch into the lens, I can detect a little bit of haze that I can't when inspecting without a torch. I am going to give this to a technician tomorrow to see if he can improve this. I've never noticed it when looking at the lens before and my photographs have never shown up any defects.

I'd rate the 90mm as 7/10, although I will try to raise this rating by getting it looked at asap.

I will also include four excellent condition double dark film holders with this kit. They are Regal II make.

Any questions, please ask via PM. If relevant, I can post the question and response below.

I live in New Zealand and according to the NZ Post online calculator, this kit would cost $80USD to send to the US and 60 pounds to send to the UK.

I'm wanting to get $1600USD, not including Paypal fees and postage.

Pictures attached.

Thanks,

Tim

tjv

More pics. The pic looking through the lens is of the SA to show internals. The marks are dust on the rear element surface (I forgot to give it a blow) and reflected lights.

tjv

I've now dropped the 90mm at the technician. He reckons I'm being paranoid as he couldn't see the haze I've mentioned but is going to clean it none the less. Just thought I should mention it just in case.

tjv

BUMP

I've had the 90mm lens looked at and cleaned and it's now spotless, although the technician pointed out that there is the beginnings of some de-lamination of one element. I've never noticed this to affect image quality – it might have only just happend, for all I know – so with this in mind I'm drastically dropping the price of this kit...

So, Technika body, Nikkor-W 150mm f5.6 lens on flat lens board, Schneider 90 SA f8 on genuine Linhof recessed lens board with cable QR and four double darks = $1200USD plus shipping and Paypal fees.

Thanks,

TJV