The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD EU Beautiful M9-p Chrome exc++ 7 months warranty

jonoslack

This is my beautiful chrome M9-p camera. It was bought directly from Solms on July 11 2011. It has 5902 shutter actuations and has always worked without problems. There is 7 months left of the two year warranty.

I would like £3,800 for the camera.​
Ideally I would do a face to face exchange.
It comes with all the paperwork, boxes etc. (although not the Lightroom license)
It has been my second body, and has had gentle use.
The strap, charger and cables have never been used and are still in their wrapper. The base plate was hardly used.
As far as I can see the camera is pretty much perfect. There is a very slight bright scratch under the eyepiece. It's very hard to see and very hard to photograph, but you can see it in the close up in the first shot below. The Sapphire crystal LCD is perfect.
The attached photos are unretouched apart from the removal of a dust spec on the Framelines lever.
Here are some snaps

Please PM me if your interested

jonoslack

Re: FS EU Beautiful M9-p Chrome exc++ Price Drop

Well, okay then - nobody seems interested, I'd rather sell it here than put it through ebay, so, lets say £3,500 - that sounds like a good deal. Incidentally, I've got a good 100% ebay rating as well.

all the best

VINCET

I wished the camera is in the US. Not know what the custom duty hit will be is what preventing me from buying this

VINCET

Search all over the web and all I can find are people talking about importing from US to UK. Not the other way around. If the camera is stil around on Monday, I might call my custom broker to check. Hate to get all excited and then be hit by a 5% duty.

jonoslack

Hi Vincet
I'm sorry I can't help you with the tax (it may be different in different states). I have some interest from someone in Italy - but I doubt it will have gone by Monday.
all the best

GDI

Vincet - there should be no duty on cameras when coming into the US. You can look it up in the US Harmonized Tax Code to confirm - though it seems the website is currently down.

USITC - United States International Trade Commission

I have purchased camera gear from the UK, Germany, Austria, and Japn with no duties. Be careful that a carrier doesn't try to charge "brokerage fees" though, UPS is notorious for this. DHL or EMS has never charged me.

xtianyves

This is the exact same reason it's so hard for me to find an M9/M9-P -- because importing one would kill me with 12.5% in customs charges of the full declared value even if using EMS/USPS.

GLWS regardless Jonathan. I think people are just holding out to see what the new M is like. Market is so slow these days!

stephengilbert

I don't think it's helpful to claim that there is an import duty without citing the basis for that claim. I don't think there is any duty on cameras imported into the US.

jonoslack

Thanks GDI. I don't have a problem with shipping to the US. But it obviously needs to be insured, so there's no way to hide the value.
All the best

GDI

I would definitely insure it Jono! The good thing is the declared value shouldn't impact a US buyer.

jonoslack

I would definitely insure it Jono! The good thing is the declared value shouldn't impact a US buyer.
Hi there
Thanks for that - I sold a Noctilux to the States for a similar value a year or so back, and that all went smoothly

all the best

jonoslack

Okay - Price Drop £3400

Reducing the Price to £3,400
(including carriage to Europe - US at cost - paypal fees at 3% - bank transfer or cash free!).
If it's in the UK, I can probably meet you and do an exchange.

all the best

V

Vivek

Sounds like a great deal! Jono is a topnotch person to buy from!

How I wish that you have put a monochrome camera for sale, Jono!

jonoslack

Sounds like a great deal! Jono is a topnotch person to buy from!

How I wish that you have put a monochrome camera for sale, Jono!
HI Vivek Thank You! - I wish I had a Monochrom too - let alone one to sell!
I think it's a good deal as well, but I'm not in a hurry, I guess that supplies of the chrome M9p will dry up, and sooner or later someone will come along who would prefer a little used chrome M9p and £500 to an ME!
Here's Hoping!

All the best