The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FREE: Seattle Area HP Z3200 44" printer

charlesphoto

I have a 44" Hp z3200 44" printer that needs some work but I just don't have the time or patience to go there but maybe somebody else does. What the issue is is it often freezes up during a print. With a hard reboot it can sometimes make the next print but the problem has become steadily worse over the last few months. Otherwise the printer is in great shape and only a couple of years old and makes fantastic prints when it doesn't freeze up.

I've been told that it's a PCA problem - could be either the Carriage PCA (a $70 part - prices quoted online sourcing), the Print Mech PCA (around $300) or the Main PCA (around $500). Because it freezes up when printing a diagnostic from the printer (using the front panel controls) it most likely is not the formatter/hard drive (a $900 part).

Anyway, if anyone in the Seattle area, wants a great printer for FREE and is willing to either have it fixed or if handy fix it themselves (I have a z3100 service manual that is available at the HP z3100 wiki site) then come and get it! Like I said it could be as low as a $70 part (the carriage pca failed the service diagnostic test) or as much as $870 to replace all of the PCA boards (not counting labor costs). But brand new it's a $3000 printer. Or maybe you have one already and need one for parts. Either way I will need the room for a new printer coming and would hate to see it go off to the recyclers. :(

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Charles,

I'll happily help you free up space in your office. I sent you a PM.

Not a problem to come and collect it and as you know I have it's smaller brother and I'd be OK with the risks of fixing it.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well it at least going to someone that will put some mileage on it. Good for both of you. Excuse my interruption. I just like seeing these kinds of things between members.:thumbs:

charlesphoto

Great. Graham bought the extra inks last weekend in passing through Seattle so the whole shebang will end up back together.

Got a Canon ipf6400 coming next week so will let everyone here know my first impressions of that. The HP is a fantastic printer (esp with the onboard i1) but I have too many jobs to futz about at the moment. Sad to see it go.

CP