The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M8 upgrade FS recent CLA

robertwright

For Sale Leica M8 upgraded with framelines, shutter and sapphire crystal. The whole enchilada. Just got it back from the mothership in NJ for remapping a pixel and it has been cleaned and serviced and has a 1 year warranty. I am the only owner, got it in 2007 and did the upgrades when they were offered. Shutter count is about 33,000 according to the last frame unique id.

Looking to get 2000 out of it, see the pics, its in good user condition, actually I think it is getting some nice wear on the top plate, that's from the crumpler bag it rode around in for years, I have some similar wear marks on my hip also :D

I took the plastic off the bottom after the tripod mount twisted it and made it messy.

Included all original packaging, strap, charger, car charger, battery, Leica service docs.

Will be sorry to see it go it has aged with me.

lamlux

Very nice M8u, that is a killer price too.

The lighting accentuates the delicate wear you've given it over the years :)

GLWS. I'd buy it if I could.

The ARE exceptionally nice descriptive photos--they convey just the right kind of use-wear patina. Hit the right notes. I wish I were shopping for one of these.

robertwright

thanks for the compliments all.

It has new covering from the CLA so there is that mix of old and new that I think has made it even more handsome.

Still available, it will go on ebay over the holidays.

robertwright

Forgot to mention 3 total leica batteries included.

Keh has these for near 2600 (upgraded M8's) so I think with the recent NJ tuneup (400) I'm offering a bargain at 2000.

Paypal only please, no gift options, this need to be insured.