The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Profoto 2A Chrgr, 85W Model Light Adptr

robmac

Broke up the AcuteB 600R kit have listed.

1. Profoto 2A Charger

This is the costly 2A charger from the Profoto 7B and the optional high-speed charger for the Acute B 600 (see my related listing).

It's charging rate is 2x that of the standard AcuteB 1A charger. The result is that it functions as an AC adpater for the AcuteB. I've used it in that capacity for 2 years and it works brilliantly for all day shoots. Need to step off AC? Unplug, battery is always 100% charged, shoot, come back, plug back in and keep shooting. Normally leave the OEM 1A charger at office and keep the 2A in the AcuteB bag.

Price is C$190 shipped by Canada Post normal post. New price is a silly $280+shipping+taxes.

2. Profoto 85W Modeling Light Adapter

This is the spendy adapter that takes the Profoto Acute B's (see my related listing) modeling light off the battery. Can be used w or w/o the 2A charger above.

Using both off AC, you have an AC pack for all day shooting w/full modeling light and once unplugged, you have a battery pack with a fully-charged battery at your ready. Would be great setup for a wedding shooter.

Price is C$190 shipped as per above. New cost is (also) also a silly-costly $280 + taxes + shipping