The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM & PL-C 52 circular polarizer

rodester

Price: $4,400.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: Insured, expedited shipping included for CONUS

I've been infected with Leica GAS, and now I'm paying the piper.

If you're looking for a supremely practical long lens, this is a great choice! The 400mm f/4 DO IS is much lighter than any 400mm f/4 lens with conventional optics. DO lenses have a diffraction element that compensates for the color dispersion of spherical lens elements. It also reduces optical complexity and size.

About 1/3 shorter than other 400mm lenses and only 4.3 lbs, it's small and light enough to travel or hike with, and to use handheld comfortably. The fast f/4 glass dramatically improves its usefulness in low-light conditions, and helps with autofocus and tracking on fast-moving subjects. Excellent for wildlife and sports, this is my do-everything long lens.

The Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM Lens is compatible with the Canon Extender EF 1.4x and Canon Extender EF 2x. The resulting magnification capability with the extenders is .17x and .24x respectively.

Unfortunately, I have to let it go.
The lens is in beautiful condition, always stored in it's case and very well taken care of. There are one or two very small marks on the lens body from normal handling, but basically in pristine condition. It's currently selling new on Amazon for $5900.

It comes included with everything included in a new kit: lens and hood, leather-like lens cover, strap, hard case, manual, original packing materials and box.

** PLUS, I'm including a Canon PL-C 52mm drop-in circular polarizer. These are super-handy and sell for ~$270 new! I'll also include a ReallyRightStuff B-61 lens plate to allow for quick and easy tripod mounting ($65 new).

$4400 USD includes insured shipping in CONUS. Please add 3% for PayPal.