The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M9 (Black) - Warranty / Extras

dubes

I am selling my black Leica M9 camera along with lots accessories. I truly expected to keep this camera forever, but unfortunately mounting medical expenses for our little ones makes the sale necessary.

Since I bought the extended warranty, this camera is under warranty with Solms until July 2014. (I will provide all necessary paperwork for warranty service. I don’t know if Leica NJ honors the extended warranty as it was purchased directly from Germany.)

The camera has approximately 7,000 shutter actuations and functions beautifully. The rangefinder is spot on (I've used it without fail with a now departed 75mm Summilux, among other lenses). Cosmetically, there is some brassing on the upper corners from normal use. Also, the white “Made In Germany” paint smeared a little when I cleaned the camera once.

I replaced the original camera covering with the Levant black kit from Cameraleather.com which greatly improved handling and appearance. The rear LCD is covered by a Giottos SP8250 screen protector.

Now for the “extras”:
(1) Baseplates: The original bottom plate still has the protective plastic on it because I never used it. I will include all of the accessory plates I’ve accumulated over the years: the Really Right Stuff grip + bottom plate, a Leicatime M-Mate baseplate for quick SD changes, and a Leicatime M-Mate 4 baseplate to allow quick SD and battery changes along with an integrated grip.

(2) Power: I am including 2 extra batteries, or 3 batteries total. These are all original Leica M8/M9 camera batteries. I will also include an extra battery charger. I’ve never had any problems with either charger.

(3) Straps: In addition to the original Leica neck strap, I am including the Domke Gripper neck strap that I preferred to use with the camera.

(4) Thumb grips: The Thumbie grip attached to the back of the camera is included. This grip attaches with double-sided tape and can be removed easily without marring the camera if you do not wish to use it. Not shown, I will also include a Thumbs Up grip that I briefly used.

Asking $4,200 Paypal’d and shipped overnight anywhere in the CONUS.

I will list lenses after the camera sells.

Thank you for looking.

Pics:

Last edited:

dubes

Just to clarify: this was originally purchased by me as a virtually new "Dealer Demo" in July 2011. Also, the warranty runs through July 2014, not July 2013 as I originally posted. Finally, I will include a Thumbs-Up grip (not pictured) as well.