The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica S2 Kit, Canon 1Ds Mark III Kit, Lenses

John Black

LEICA S2
$12,000 “net-to-me”
Includes Leica Warranty, Leica Microprism Screen & LCD Screen Protector

I am consolidating gear and selling my Leica S kit. The Leica S2 body is looks as good as new and has ~2500 clicks on it. It is covered under Leica’s extended warranty until October 2013. Leica’s extended S warranty is fully transferable to the new owner. I am the second owner and had the warranty transferred into my name by calling Leica NJ. The S2 comes boxed with all its original accessories and packing materials.

The Leica S2 has had a Giottos SP 8302 on screen protector on the rear LCD since the day it was purchased. I added the Leica Microprism Split Screen (purchased new from Camera West, cost $400). Unfortunately the screen was back-focusing, so the Leica S2 was sent to Solms and Leica re-coliminated the viewfinder. It is now very exact and I have used the S2 with the Mamiya 200mm F2.8 APO and 300mm F2.8 APO very easily. The Leica warranty repair receipt will be included.

OLED top display is the current version and visible in outdoor light. The battery is almost brand new. The original battery developed a flaw where is showed 100% charged regardless. Leica replaced the battery under warranty.

LEICA 70MM F2.5 SUMMARIT-S
$3250 “net to me”

The 70mm F2.5 Summarit-S is in like new condition as well. Excellent lens, very sharp – even at F2.5. The lens hood has some minor rub marks from being pulled in and out of the camera bag. The lens comes with all its original packaging, caps, lens pouch, etc. The lens was purchased from Camera West around late May; it was a Leica CPO lens, so it is still under warranty, but I don’t know if that warranty is transferable. In terms lens character, I find the 70S at F2.5 very similar to the Leica 50 ‘Lux ASPH @ F2.

LEICA 35MM F2.5 SUMMARIT-S
$4650 “net to me”

The 35mm F2.5 Summarit is also in like new condition. This lens has been barely used and even the lens hood looks like new. I am not much of a wide angle shooter and used the S2 mostly with the 70S and a Mamiya 200mm F2.8 APO. The lens character reminds me a lot of the Leica 28mm F2 Summicron-M ASPH, though the 35S is much sharper wide open.

RRS L-BRACKET FOR THE LEICA S2
$100 “net to me”

It is mint condition with no rub marks, no dings, etc. I probably have the original RRS baggie that it came in. Allen key included.

CANON 1DS MARK III
$2800 “net to me”

I have owned this camera since early 2008 and it has been a great performer. Is in near mint condition. The only signs of use are faint rub mark on the top of the prism (just rub, not scratch through the paint finish) and the rubber doesn’t feel as crisp as it used to when new. Over the years the 1Ds3 has been to Canon Irvine for blue dot fixes, etc. This camera never gave me focus issues, but I sent in anyways. I am guessing the click count to be in the 35,000-40,000 range. It comes boxed with all its original packaging and accessories, manuals, software, etc. The battery is still very strong and I routinely get 600 to 1000 clicks per charge. On our last trip to Hawaii (6 days), I did not even bother bringing the charger. The 1Ds3 currently has the “Ec S” viewfinder screen installed.

CANON 24-105MM F4 L IS
$700 “net to me”

This was a “white box” lens purchased from B&H probably 3-4 years ago. I would definitely consider it a “good copy”. It has been trouble-free and is quite sharp through-out the entire range. I consider the lens to be in mint condition; the lens hood has the usual rub marks. The lens has never been abused, dropped or mishandled. No scratches or blemishes on the glass. It comes with its original Canon lens pouch, caps, hood and instruction manual.

CANON 70-300MM F4-5.6 L IS
$1150 “net to me”

This lens was purchased new from B&H right around when they were first released – it was rather pricey back then at $1599! This lens has also been a great performer and is really a nice kit with the 24-105L IS. Both lenses are about the same size, and with the Canon 1Ds Mark III, this became sort of my “standard vacation kit”. The 70-300L comes with its box, all the original packing material, manual, etc. The lens and hood still look new. No scratches or blemishes on the glass.

RRS L-BRACKET FOR THE CANON 1DS MARK III
$100 “net to me”

It is mint condition with no rub marks, no dings, etc.