The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Rare Canon FD 24mm f/1.4 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL

jamriman

Purchased this 9 months ago, I havent used it as much I thought I would. Im looking at another lens so hopefully someone out there will have some fun with this incredible lens. The conversion was done by Jim Buchanan, a known member of the fm community to convert lenses but no longer does FD lenses. Also have to consider the labor/parts converting these lenses range from $150-200.

Big advantage with the fd 24, is that it has no issues with any canon bodies including full frame cameras (5d, 1ds) so no need for a mirror shave, the convex of the rear element helps with mirror clearance, you can see in the picture. Lens is obviously manual focus only, but is a nice replacement for the 24L if you are looking for something smaller and lighter.

The lens is very rare and in great shape aside from slight body wear and brassing due to being an older lens. The glass looks great, with the only issue being some micro dust specks inside that do not affect image quality. Aperture blades are nice and dry, focuses smoooth, the aperture ring clicks with breeze. Jim also CLA'd this lens.
$1000 firm net. free shipping in the US only. Pics to follow. Thanks.