The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica 35mm and 40mm Summicrons

Duane Pandorf

I have two Leica Summicrons I'd like to sell, 35mm v2 and a German made 40mm. I have used both these lenses on my Ricoh GXR. I have recently purchased a Leica M-E and am selling these two lenses to fund the purchase of a Leica 50mm lens. I'm finding I prefer the 50mm FOV and right now can't justify keeping either of these two lenses in conjunction of another lens.

1. 40mm Summicron: I purchased this lens last February from KEH to use on my Ricoh GXR-M. I believe KEH considered this lens BGN. There are no cleaning marks or fungus. The lens did not come with lens caps but I purchased those separately and include them with the lens. Also included is the E39-S 5.6. This is the filter adapter so you can attach standard 39mm filters and lens cap.

Asking $500.00 (includes Paypal and USPS First Class shipping costs in USA. Ask about shipping internationally.)

2. 35mm Summicron v2: I purchased this lens 6 months ago via eBay from original owner. When I received the lens I sent it to Youxin Ye for an inspection and CLA. This lens has been on my GXR since then. The glass is clean with no cleaning marks or fungus. The exterior has normal wear.

Asking $1,100.00 (includes Paypal and USPS First Class shipping costs in USA. Ask about shipping internationally.)

BTW, I'm open to reasonable offers and the camera is not included that's shown with the 35mm Summicron. I have photos taken with both lenses here on this forum photos taken with Summicrons and Ricoh GXR and on my blog.

Last edited:
Granted, this is a buy/sell forum not an advice column. But keep that 35. Your viewfinder 'likes' 35s, and you'll have trouble finding one with fresh CLA when you want it later.

Duane Pandorf

Granted, this is a buy/sell forum not an advice column. But keep that 35. Your viewfinder 'likes' 35s, and you'll have trouble finding one with fresh CLA when you want it later.
I have to agree that if I could I'd be keeping this lens. However, I like the 50 format better and have already figured that out in my short time with the camera. It's what my eye likes to see.

I have found 50 pre-ASPH last version before the ASPH. Maybe in a few months I will be kicking myself but my thinking down the road is 21, 50, 90.