The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 P (Hybrid) package for sale AUS

Tohara

Happy to deal internationally but Australian sale much preferred.

For sale is my beloved Leica M9 which comes fitted with an authentic sapphire LCD screen by Leica Germany. Some have called the M9 the greatest camera ever, and while i'm not exactly an authority on the issue i can say with great confidence that this camera is something special. The CCD sensor produces images that cant possibly be copied by a CMOS sensor. Plus the lenses are literally the best in the world

Price is $4500 + $50 shipping in AUS, Paypal extra as is international shipping.

I purchased this camera used earlier in the year from an authorised Leica dealer in Perth. They had purchased it back from a customer who bought it from them in the first place. It arrived in perfect condition with less than 5k on the shutter. I would estimate that i have added less than 2000 actuations to the shutter.

The camera its self is still absolutely flawless, not a mark on it. THe plastic cover is still on the bottom plate. The scratch-less sapphire screen as fitted to the M9-P was fitted by Leica at the time of initial purchase and it is still obviously void of any scratches. The discerning eye will be able to see the very small diamond at the bottom of the back LCD on the bottom which indicates sapphire glass.

The body shows no signs of brassing, it has been kept in a Zhou leather half case since the first day i received it. All buttons and dials function as they should, and as far as i can ascertain from the lenses i have used on it, the rangefinder is aligned and accurate. Also included in the same is an authentic 'long' thumbs up grip in black. There is a very small amount of brassing at the very tip of the thumbs up grip. If you own a Leica and haven't used a thumbs up you're missing out, they completely change the ergonomics, not only does it make it more comfortable but also safer to hold with one hand.

The final thing worth noting is that i had added a Black Leica Dot for discretionary reasons as i was travelling recently. This is easily replaceable, you just need to source a red dot.

in summation the following is included in the sale
- Black M9 body with Sapphire screen
- Box and all original accessories
- Two authentic Leica batteries, both of which hold perfect charge
- Authentic Thumbs up Grip
- Zhou Leather Half Case
- Ill also throw in the all black Gordy's wrist strap which are the best in the industry
- If i can find my old soft release ill throw that in too

Price is firm, in my opinion this is a great price considering the cost of the extras and the condition of the camera. Plus the fact it has the sapphire screen meaning it is essentially an M9P.

I would prefer local pickup and am happy to drive 2 hours in any direction from the Brisbane CBD to meet a buyer.
Alternatively postage can be arranged, for insured registered post $50 should cover it.

Any questions please ask, i have plenty of samples of the camera from my recent trip.

Cheers
Tom

Last edited: