The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica 50mm Summicron v4 "Tiger Claw" + filters

maclaine

$1,100

Shipping, fees, and insurance are on me in the US. Buyer pays the fees for international. First preference is given to US buyers, just for my own sanity, but I will not rule out sales to other countries.

Up for sale is a Leica 50mm f/2 Summicron v4. That means it has the tab, although this is the tiger claw version, where the tab is convex rather than concave. Same optical formula as all other v4 and v5 (pre-ASPH) 50mm Summicrons. In other words, one of the best lenses you can get.

I bought this BGN grade from KEH, and to my eye, the rating comes from the overall paint loss visible in the pictures. Some of the numbers and other markings have lost their paint or faded. There is also some wear on the barrel at the edges. The glass itself is in phenomenal condition, with no scratches or fungus. No oil on the aperture blades, and they click nicely into place. There are a couple stray dust particles internally, as well as a small hair. These should not affect your images. The focus is very smooth, with just a little bit of resistance as you get to the close focus range.

I'm throwing in two brand new B+W MRC filters, one UV, and one medium yellow. Also included is the reversible 12538 lens hood, as well as a generic rear cap. Sorry, I have no front cap for it. Filters are a package deal with the lens. I'm not interested in separating them.

Shipping, fees, and insurance are on me in the US. Buyer pays the fees for international. First preference is given to US buyers, just for my own sanity, but I will not rule out sales to other countries.

I'm not interested in trades at this time, unless you have a really killer Ludwig or Gretsch drumset you're willing to part with. ;)

I have bought and sold here on GetDPI a few times and had great luck dealing with the folks here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited: