The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica MP Classic body

wattsy

I bought this in unused condition from a well known London dealer in 2011. I split the set (sold the lens) so I have the body only for sale. I have used this camera for approximately five rolls of film. It still looks pristine and like-new but, to be safe, I will call it Mint-. There are no scratches, dings, brassing or other imperfections. It is a beautiful camera from an edition of 500, the like of which will probably never be made again. I am selling with manual, signed paperwork authenticating the limited edition (this is from set no. 478) and the silk lined box. The box isn't in perfect condition (it is made of cardboard and one of the corners has a split) but I'll include it for the purposes of safe shipping.

This particular MP Classic body is slightly unusual (and slightly more desirable IMO) in that Leica have fitted it with a black hotshoe and black baseplate latch (other MP Classic bodies feature a chrome hotshoe and, I think, chrome latch). Like the other MP Classic bodies (and unlike other black paint MP bodies, including à la carte) it features a matching black painted rear door, black shutter release collar and black frame counter. The MP Classic does not have a meter and, as such, the framelines are more complete (not requiring the space for the meter diodes). The RF window is also more classic in that does not feature the gaudy silver strip found on other film bodies.

Asking GBP 2,500. Payment by bank transfer or cheque (latter is UK only). Insured shipping (worldwide with a few exceptions) extra at cost.

I have an eBay rating of 100% (username 'mobilefish') and have sold Leica gear a few times here and many times on the LUF classifieds (I have been an active member of that forum since 2003).

Last edited:

wattsy

A few extra (more casual) photos of the camera (I thought the above 'studio' ones look a little sterile and don't show the glossiness of the black paint).

By the way, I am open to sensible offers.

Last edited: