The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS from EU (DK): Nikon PC-Nikkor 28mm f/3.5 shift lens - 400 EUR

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

My perspective correction shift lens Nikon PC-Nikkor 28mm f/3.5 is for sale from EU (DK)

Unusually fine condition, very clean sample, 400 EUR (which for the time being equals 345 GBP - or 540 USD - or 3000 DKK)

Very well preserved. No signs of use, and glass is nice and clean. Made in Japan.

Comes with original front and rear caps, original Nikon HN-9 metal hood likewise made in Japan, and a user's guide in German.

Payment via PayPal or Bank Transfer as you prefer.

We can share the shipping costs.

You can see my 100 % positive feedback here on GetDPI by doing a so-called 'advanced' search like this:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

©lick for actual pixels

© • All captured with Nikon D800E • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX2

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

If you are a NEX user you can also have this Fotodiox Nikon(G)-NEX adapter for free, provided I still have the adapter when you tell me you want to buy the PC-lens (i.e. provided I haven't sold the adapter with another F-mount lens in the meantime).

Fotodiox Nikon Nikkor (Including G-Type) Lens to Sony Alpha Nex E-mount Camera Lens Mount Adapter

NB: I got the Fotodiox adapter along with another AI-S Nikkor lens and I have never tried it with the PC-Nikkor as I do not own a Sony NEX camera, so I have actually no idea about how well they work together.

You will have to ask some of the NEX experts about that.

©lick for actual pixels

© • All captured with Nikon D300 • AI-S Nikkor 2.5/105mm • at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX2

V

Vivek

Steen, If i have not happened to own a mint, late version sample (similar to yours), I would have grabbed this. How large a circle this projects, if anyone wonders, should search photo.net for Kelly Flannigan's posts and samples on a phase one scanning back. It is impressive. Yes, it will work in conjunction with an additional simple adapter to NEX or even their shift version to achieve unprecedented movements! :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Thanks a lot, Vivek, for your support with this NEX adapter information.

I precisely hoped that some NEX expert would chime in on this NEX-specific adapter matter.

Much appreciated.

Steen

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

I have usually used the PC Nikkor at f/8 to get enough depth of field and at the same time avoid diffraction to be visible, and with a max shift of ~ 7mm or so to avoid the light rays to become too stretched.

The in-focus plane shows some field curvature that makes it better for curved sceneries than plane subjects as you may be able to see in this church picture at f/8 and 7mm shift.

©lick for native size (7 Mb)

© • Nikon D800E • PC-Nikkor 3.5/28mm • 1/180 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX2

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Here's an image from inside the church showing that it performs better inside the curved church room, I think.

Again f/8 and 7mm shift.

©lick for native size (5.3 Mb)

© • Nikon D800E • PC-Nikkor 3.5/28mm • 1/2 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX2