The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 45MM 2.8 Pancake, exquisite, $535

aboudd

This has been one of my favorite lenses. It is unobtrusive and employs a Tessar design that reduces flare and increases contrast and center resolution equal to or better than Zeiss glass. This lens is as-new - look at the photos. Complete with box, packing, paperwork, front and rear caps, hood and UV filter.

The manual focus Nikkor 45MM has a CPU for full integration with contemporary Nikon DSLRs. Full EXIF data as well as auto shutter preferred and auto aperture preferred functions are available. The lens is 2.5 inches long, weighs 4 oz. and has 4 elements in three groups and even has rounded aperture blades for fine bokeh. Aperture range is 2.8 to 22 and then lens focuses down to near 18 inches.

If I were not moving over to Canon, I would keep this lens. In all of the years I have owned Nikon gear, since the late 60's, this has been one of my favorites.

The price is firm at $535 net to me. Inquire to [email protected]

Many sales here on Get Dpi, FM (aboudd) and eBay (abouddweck) so feel free to check my perfect feedback.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

The lens is 2.5 inches long, weighs 4 oz. and has 4 ED elements in three groups and even has rounded aperture blades for fine bokeh.
Not true (unless this is a one of a kind custom made sample).

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
It appears that there are no ED elements in the 45 P....according to Bjorn Rorslett there are 4 non-ED elements in 3 groups as a Tessar. But he found that at 45mm correction of color fringing was perfect:

Normal Lenses For Nikon 'F' Mount

This is one of my favorite Nikon lenses. I have a couple of environmental style portraits from this lens that I adore...and it will work as a manual lens on Canon bodies with the Novoflex adapter.

BLWTS.

Bob

V

Vivek

It appears that there are no ED elements in the 45 P....according to Bjorn Rorslett there are 4 non-ED elements in 3 groups as a Tessar. But he found that at 45mm correction of color fringing was perfect:

Normal Lenses For Nikon 'F' Mount

This is one of my favorite Nikon lenses. I have a couple of environmental style portraits from this lens that I adore...and it will work as a manual lens on Canon bodies with the Novoflex adapter.

BLWTS.

Bob
Correct. Fantastic lens. FWIW, he (Bjørn Rørslett) can't find his sample anymore because it is so tiny!

It is a dream "normal" with the Speed Booster on a NEX. ;)

D&A

I was just mentioning to Aboud yesterday what a fantastic lens it was, having used one for many years since it was first introduced....first on film and subsequently digital.

Dave (D&A)

aboudd

So, in the end, the ED factor (which I did read somewhere) is irrelevant, as are most of Vivek's postings. ;-)

V

Vivek

So, in the end, the ED factor (which I did read somewhere) is irrelevant, as are most of Vivek's postings. ;-)
I was trying to be helpful to you because of your claim that it has ED elements which is incorrect.

What you proclaim about my posts, in general, if the Admins of this site find evenly remotely true, I will be happy to leave this site for good! :wtf:

OTOH, I find your personal attack out of bounds!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
So do I and Viveks post was to get the correct facts in your ad. Frankly he was absolutely correct in making the corrections and maybe getting your facts correct would avoid these corrections.

aboudd

Lighten up, I was just teasing you Vivek, hence the smile. As far as the ED glass thing, I read it in another offering of the lens and thought it was legit. When I went to the Nikon archives they described the Nikon Super Integrated Coating as the reason for the color rendering and flare suppression.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
We have to remember what was intended on the Internet is not always what is meant and that goes both good and bad. The problem of not looking at each other when under discussion. I may have even jumped the gun but I did not notice the emotion symbol either. Guess my point is dont always assume people get our funnies or even our snarky comments we use sometimes. One big reason is our international cultures that we have and the great diversity of people and locations. My Jersey talk is not internationally understood for instance. So lets forgetaboutit !!!!!!!