The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

F-Zeiss ZM lenses/VF/hood deals-some LNIB

algrove

FOR SALE--

These are barely used items which perform exceptionally well on Leica M cameras:

--Zeiss 4.0/18mm ZM lens with hood, Zeiss 18 bright VF AND Zeiss T* Circular Polarizing Thin Filter made for this lens. Includes box for lens & hood, box for VF, case/manual for filter, lens manual and unused warranty card. Excellent++ condition which I consider just below LNIB.

Price $1495. Current online retail $1930.

--Zeiss 2.8/25mm ZM lens with hood, Zeiss 25-28 bright VF. Maybe used for 50 shots. Includes box for lens, box for VF, box for hood, manual for lens and unused warranty card. LNIB condition.

Price $1295. Current online retail $1685.

--Zeiss 1.5/50mm ZM lens with hood. Used maybe for 50 shots. Includes box for lens, box for hood, manual and unused warranty card. LNIB condition.

Price $995. Current online retail $1285.

--Zeiss 2.0/35mm ZM lens with hood. Used maybe for 30 shots. Includes box for lens, box for hood, manual and unused warranty card. LNIB condition.

Price $895. Current online retail $1175.

PM for more information. These are in unbelievably pristine condition and won't last long.

Last edited:

algrove

Zeiss 25/2.8 sold and paid for. Thanks, you got a beautiful lens like all my "used" lenses. Also one of three Thumbs Up has sold. Also there is a Zeiss 21mm VF, LNIB (never used nor mounted on a camera) Retail $400, this price $250.

Last edited:

algrove

It's your lucky day.

Price adjustments

18mm f4.0 with all extras $1295.

35mm f2.0 with all extras $ 795.

50mm f1.5 with all extras $895.

Now if that won't do it nothing will!

algrove

Last edited:

algrove

The 18/4.0 is sold.

Thank you and I am sure the 5 extra, free filters I gave you will come in handy, especially the grad ND.

algrove

The Zeiss ZM 50/1.5 is still available and the Zeiss ZM 35/2.0 also available. Both prices include Zeiss lens hoods.

Both lenses show no signs of wear. Why buy new when you can save tons of money on these lenses.

NOTE:
I have asked every dealer who will talk to me about whether the 50 is optimized for this or that. One dealer even said he has NEVER been asked the question by buyers. It seems one dealer started all this and it is considered fact because it is discussed on the internet. I have never had a problem with this lens on my M9, up close or far at ANY f stop. Maybe this is because I keep my M9 well calibrated, meaning I send it into Leica every 12-18 months depending on travel and how it has been used during that period of time.

jstaben

The Zeiss ZM 50/1.5 is still available and the Zeiss ZM 35/2.0 also available. Both prices include Zeiss lens hoods.

Both lenses show no signs of wear. Why buy new when you can save tons of money on these lenses.

NOTE:
I have asked every dealer who will talk to me about whether the 50 is optimized for this or that. One dealer even said he has NEVER been asked the question by buyers. It seems one dealer started all this and it is considered fact because it is discussed on the internet. I have never had a problem with this lens on my M9, up close or far at ANY f stop. Maybe this is because I keep my M9 well calibrated, meaning I send it into Leica every 12-18 months depending on travel and how it has been used during that period of time.
Hi! I sold one of these last year. I told my buyers I had no idea what f/stop it was calibrated for, but that they could pay the $75 at DAG or where they wished to have it done for them at whatever f/stop they wanted.

rcerick

How accurate is the focus of your 50mm Sonnar with your M9 at f/1.5? That is where I'd want it to be spot on. Can you provide pics taken at f/1.5?

algrove

The 1.5 is no longer for sale, but I still have the 35/2.0 for sale with hood. It was spot on with MY M9, but maybe not with all M9's.

algrove

Thanks for your PM. This is basically as new of a "used" Zeiss 35/2 you will ever see.

keep in mind the lens hood is included.

algrove

Re: FS-Zeiss ZM 50/1.5 lens with hood-LNIB

35/2.0 sold to another lucky buyer who is getting basically a new lens for way less than a new lens price.

I am deciding again whether to sell the 50/1.5 since it is such a special lens.

Hi Al,
I'd never sell my Sonnar-C, but their focus shift and the difference in calibrations is not a myth. It's wise to test it at its closest focus distance to find out at what aperture it was calibrated. When shooting at large apertures and up close, it's important to know where the focal point will fall!

At closest focus distance, photograph a ruler at a 45 degree angle at F1.5/2/2.8/4, and see which image is sharp the point you focused upon.

Mine, on M9, is spot-on at f2.2.

D&A

Hi Al,
I'd never sell my Sonnar-C, but their focus shift and the difference in calibrations is not a myth. It's wise to test it at its closest focus distance to find out at what aperture it was calibrated. When shooting at large apertures and up close, it's important to know where the focal point will fall!

At closest focus distance, photograph a ruler at a 45 degree angle at F1.5/2/2.8/4, and see which image is sharp the point you focused upon.

Mine, on M9, is spot-on at f2.2.
+1! Agree with all you mentioned. Actually f2.2 is close to idea! This way there is a bit of front focus when shot at f1.5 and a bit of back focus when shot at f4 and a little beyond. Nice!

Dave (D&A)

algrove

Re:ALL SOLD FS-Zeiss ZM lenses/VF/hood deals-some LNIB

The 50/1.5 has also sold. Thank you all for your kind words about the pristine quality of these lenses.