The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica M Monochrom (241 actuations)

doobooloo

*** UPDATED WITH PHOTOS! ***

I got delivery of a brand new M Monochrom last month, but haven't been using it much as I am still afraid of missing the color shot. I thought I could live with a solely black-and-white camera and that it would somehow force me into making better photographs, but it's been hitting me the past few days that I'm just not there. I have an M9 and M9-P already and thought I could replace one of those with the MM but I still find myself reaching for the color cameras and regretting when I take out the MM for the few shots that would have been better in color.

Everything comes in box as you'd expect from a new camera, and nothing's been registered (camera and software). Original dated receipt will be included. Black leather strap has not been used either.

Camera itself just has 241 clicks on it (verified by M9Info) and no scratches or dings, used very gently during the brief time in my possession. Check the photos for details - even the strap lugs are super clean!

Body focuses perfectly with all my lenses, including the Noctilux 50/0.95.

I'm located in NYC if you'd like a local deal, but happy to ship worldwide. Would like $7900 net to me given the condition of the body... which is ~$100 less retail without the 5-month wait for a practically new body!

PM me with any questions and/or offers and I'll answer by end of day when I return home. Thanks - looking forward to finding the camera a new loving home soon!

--- PHOTOS HERE ---

For full resolution photos, see here: Leica M Monochrom - dooandjee's Photos | SmugMug

Last edited:

doobooloo

A number of members here expressed interest in this camera as part of a trade... and yes, I would be open to trades. Mostly looking for interesting Leica lenses, and/or if you have a clean M9 or M9-P body with low shutter count I may consider a body as well.

Thanks!

doobooloo

Lenses in particular that I would be interested in as part of a trade:

Summilux 75 v1 with detachable hood
Summilux 50 v1 chrome (earliest optical formula)
Summicron 35 v1 8 element
Summicron 35 v4 "bokeh king" - black or chrome
Summilux 35 v1 (one that works/mounts properly on M9)

Or anything else that's interesting. :)

felix5616

any interest in a nikon D800E with lenses? i also have a fotoman 6x24 medium format panoramic camera, a mamiya 7II system and a pentax 67II system. I have a leica M 50mm summilux Version 2 and a 35mm asph sum micron
leo