The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Gitzo Carbon 6X GT5540LS

Don Libby

This has been my workhorse tripod for several years and is still in very good to excellent condition. I've used this for shoots from Alaska to the Northwest and in-between. Why am I selling it? I wanted/needed a tripod that was as sturdy yet slightly taller and fell in love with a RRS during a recent visit there. Mama says I can't keep both so this must go.

The only thing that's given me even the slightest problem is one ring at the base of a leg near the foot keeps coming loose. I tighten it up and it becomes loose.

The tripod comes with 3-sets of feet, normal rubber, small spike and paddle (which are the ones I've normally kept on it. The base plate also has a locking ring that eliminates the plate from getting loose and falling out (it happened to me one on a beach shoot before I got the locking ring). All this fits inside a (rather dusty) Hakuba bag which is also included. Also included is the set of LensCoat leg protectors.

Gitzo no longer offers this tripod however the closest one is a GT5542LS which runs $959. at B&H.

So, you get the tripod, locking ring, 2-additional sets of feet, leg protectors and a bag.

I'm asking $500 which includes PayPal or Credit Card fees but not the shipping.