The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M2 / 35/2.8 Summaron / 50/2 Collapsible Summicron

Morituri

Leica M2.

In very good condition. The one thing I find interesting that is otherwise quite rare, unless I am blind, the back of the camera is more or less spotless.

Vulcanite 100% intact. Smooth and accurate frame advance stroke. Viewfinder is gorgeous and spotless. Rangefinder patch and the framelines are perfect. Very clean on the inside. Shutter curtains are clean and whole, spotless. No bumps or indents/dings anywhere. Only superficial scratches on the top and sides as shown.

Very minor wear on top and above the strap lugs, bottom plate very clean.

Comes with a Leica M Body cap! And Leica Carrying strap.

Price: $700 net to me.

Last edited:

Morituri

Re: FS: Leica M2 / 35/2.8 Summaron

35 / 2.8 Summaron.

Just like the M2, very nice condition. Lens surfaces are spotless, no polishing marks or scratches. No haze, fungus, separation. Very minor dust inside, quite normal for a non-weather sealed lens :)

Aperture and focus like butter. Aperture focuses down and have distinct click-stops just as you would expect.

Comes with what you see on the pictures. Chrome leica cap, black Leica rear cap, Leica lens hood and a cute cap for the lens hood :)

Not pictures, but I am also throwing in a Leica UV, Green and Orange/Red filter.

Price: $950 to me, considering all the extra caps and hoods and stuff.

Last edited:

Morituri

Re: FS: Leica M2 / 35/2.8 Summaron

50/2 Collapsible Summicron

My personal lens. I have had a lot of lenses. This one has been my personal lens that I have always used for everything over the past couple of years.

Flickr: LeonLynchPictures' Photostream

Check my flickr for B&W examples that has been made with this specific lens. Most of the B&W are with this very Collapsible Cron.

I have inspected closely, and can't find any marks what so ever on the lens surfaces. They look mint. Zero polishing marks or scratches. No haze, fungus. Always had either a UV or a Yellow filter on it.

Collapses in and out beautifully. Focus and aperture like butter.

Minor dust inside of course, quite normal. :)

Comes with a 35/2 Summicron IV style lens-hood + cap for the hood. BLACK Leica UV filter.

Pro-tip: This does a much better job at reducing flare, and does not block the view at any and all focusing ranges.

ALSO, comes with a more standard "Leica 12538" hood, not pictured, I forgot, but you can google for pictures.

I am sad to see this lens go, but got to move on...

Price: $500 net to me.

Last edited:

Morituri

bymp

I am lying. You don't get a UV filter with the Summaron (I thought I had an extra but didn't), you get a Leica Yellow (1) filter instead. So, it will be a yellow, green and orange/red filter.

Last edited: